cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Plusnet - wise move?

tinyt

Switch to Plusnet - wise move?

My other half told me not to switch providers as there would be hassle and he was right! I can't believe the number of calls I've had to make. The router didn't turn up prior to switch date and caller id didn't work. In the first four days I spent about 2 hours on the phone chasing the router and caller id. The caller id was an Openreach issue and that was sorted for me, fine. On the fourth day I called again to say I still didn't have the router and was told they would put another one in the post - this wasn't true, I know that now as on day 11 to chase again (so I could cancel within my 14 days) to check if Tech Support could help me connect to my old router I was told the router had been sent out on the day I got the first text to say it has been sent out. I've worked out they text you when a router is despatched as half an hour later I got one to say a router had been sent out. This time it was delivered. I followed the instructions but every time I connected to wifi my laptop froze, another call to Tech support, they were good, they said it was an Apple issue and talked me through it so now after nearly two weeks I'm back online  Smiley
I'm surprised about the customer satisfaction awards If I were running a company like this I would have a flag on the system whereby if a new customer makes more than 3 or 4 calls within 10 days contact would be made automatically to find out what the problems are and what is happening.  But then no business seems to be pro-active and as my other half says, they have loads of customers they don't care.........!
3 REPLIES 3
Destro123
Dabbler

Re: Switch to Plusnet - wise move?

"they have loads of customers, they don't care"
I agree with this statement, it's not a great business model though which plusnet seem to be unaware of. keep in mind that these "customer service" awards actually hold no status whatsoever, they are merely corporate self sucking, back slapping piles of crap. judge a service by what it  means to you,,,,,ask yourself if your satisfied?
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

PlusNet seem to have taken the commercial decision by building market share by extensive advertising and at the same time going cheap. It would appear that one of the consequences is that they've failed to invest enough money in customer support. I don't think anyone has great confidence in those customer surveys which give PlusNet a best service award, they'd need independent verification/audit to be credible. Unfortunately television and radio advertising  will take advantage of the situation.
With PlusNet you are buying an "adequate" service which is reliable in the majority of cases, but if things go wrong it can be slow to fix or difficult to get fast access to the support team.
You can get good service and customer support from an ISP, but you have to pay more.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What we don't know is the period the surveys are reporting over. If they are averaging over the last year for example, the effects of the drastic changes made to support over the summer may not yet be fully reflected.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)