cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - We'll do you proud - I don't think.

got2getatan
Grafter

Plusnet - We'll do you proud - I don't think.

Been without a phone line for 17 days and my minus 1 Mbps broadband is working on a single wire which means it's crap at the best of times. There is an underground fault up my road in a box at the T junction of minor B country roads. 15 years ago when I worked for BT I went into this box, spent 30 mins repairing the fault and that was it . I know things/safety have changed, traffic lights, road closure, getting permission from the local authorities etc. All I am given is a ticket and told Openreach are dealing and I am forgotten about. I have to drive a mile out of the village to get a mobile phone signal only to wait in a helpline queue for ever listening to Sheffield music only to be told it's on going, well you do me proud Plusnet
5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Plusnet - We'll do you proud - I don't think.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a fault with your line, I can see that the update provided on 09/11/15 explains that our suppliers have advised that the estimated repair time is 19/11/15.
We have received an update from our suppliers advising that your line is affected by a common fault - affecting a number of circuits, and we are advised that the work requires traffic lights putting in place to allow underground work to take place.
The task entails a lot of cable replacement and jointing, and due to the time consuming nature of this work, and the time taken to get permissions from the authorities to close roads and install traffic management, we have been given a new estimated repair time of midnight on 19/11/15.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this is causing and hope you're not waiting too much longer for a resolution.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
got2getatan
Grafter

I know it's not a Plusnet fault and the problem is in the hands of Openreach but it's just annoying stood at the bottom of the garden for hours trying to get  a workable mobile signal.  I have to meet anyone else in the village with the same problem with their landline.  If this situation has taught me anything it is to ditch my mobile network and move to BT Mobile.
got2getatan
Grafter

Told by Plusnet that fault should have been completed by 16 Nov but to finish off they needed a hoist. Strange its all underground until it feeds my distribution pole and I know the fault is 600 metres back from the pole towards the exchange. I did see engineers with a hoist yesterday about 2 miles on the other side of village on a non related overhead fault. I don't know who to believe because someone is making it up has they go along. If I was not an ex BT faultsnan I would be none the wiser.
herman1234

My internet is so slow I pay for up to 38mbs but no way do I get that and I don't get internet upstairs I phoned them and all they is the router is too cheep sort it out plus net  I am thinking of go back to my last supplier
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@got2getatan
From looking at your account the fault is fixed now?
@herman1234
Based on what you've said I'm assuming you're connecting over wireless?
Have you tried following our wireless signal guide?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team