Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Every Two Minutes

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Survey Every Two Minutes

I'm finding your survey hitting my browser every few minutes to be a complete nause to the point that I've had to install NoScript to block the said popup window. Is there any reason why you need to ram this down our throats Plusnet even though we have completed said survey ?
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Survey Every Two Minutes

interesting - I only had it once and closed it at that time

Two possible reasons - I am on a fixed ip address and I am permanently logged in

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Cookies being deleted?

I have one called ValueSurveyParticipation

Edit: I deleted that cookie, refreshed this page and the survey immediately popped up.

Edit 2: New cookie created with expiry in three months

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

There has been detailed discussions on this within the SU group.

This is core Lithium functionality so there'll be no surprises that its implementation is not overly smart.  The "you've done it 'key'" is as @jelv suggests a PER PC local cookie.

It is not linked to anything remotely sensible such as your userID or your IP address.  Therefore if you have a cookie killer, are browsing in PRIVATE mode or have multiple PCs you are going to see the invitation repeatedly.

The survey is not going to be turned off until there have been "enough" respondents.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks for all your thoughts guys, I'll just keep the script blocker in place for now to handle the problem.

I think my browser settings amount to private mode all the time pretty much so that makes sense.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm feeling decidedly left out! I haven't received one single request to complete a survey .Roll_eyes

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I have been speaking to Lithium about this and they agreed that it seems a bit strange that the survey would rely on a cookie rather than simply a database entry against an account to indicate that the survey has been done/ignored.

Cookies can be easily deleted and is specific to that single device - its not uncommon for people to have multiple devices connected to the interner (laptop, desktop, smartphone, tablet, internet fridge freezer, etc etc) so linking your choice to complete the survey or ignore it should be applied to your forum account.

So with Lithium agreeing with my sentiments and the feedback I have read here, I will hopefully get them to change how this works in the future. Fingers crossed.

I am sorry if some of you are seeing the survey multiple times - if the cookie is not present it will keep returning unfortunately. I will keep you all updated when I hear anything about if this changes in the future. I can't promise it will happen anytime soon but I will keep my eye on this.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@newagetraveller wrote:

I'm feeling decidedly left out! I haven't received one single request to complete a survey .Roll_eyes

Delete the ValueSurveyParticipation cookie!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"Delete the ValueSurveyParticipation cookie!"

But it's never been in the list among all the other spurious dross cookies, if that's what it is titled?

It was just a tongue in cheek comment because I have never received the survey invite - fortunately!