cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support?

whatsupport

Support?

14/10/08 - ordered broadband  - still waiting
23/10/08 - bank details cleared - activation date 30/10/08 - under hardware, tracker showing "the order has not yet been placed"  - raised ticket asking for confirmation that I would have hardware prior to line being activated.
25/10/08 - after querying initial response, apology from plusnet saying order hadn't been placed before but had been now and routere would arrive within 3 working days
28/10/08 - queried progress - hardware still showing as awaiting processing
29/10/08 - 15 hour response time! - router should be with you in 24 - 48 hours. "In light of the situation we will be happy to refund the downtime to you from the 23rd to the date that the router arrives as this is outside of your control." - whoopee!
30/10/08 - order still showing "awaiting processing" - from plusnet. "The hardware should have been dispatched in the last couple of days but our automated update feed from the warehouse is not currently working which is why your account has not updated with the dispatch information." Asked plusnet to check order - query passed to hardware team.
31/10/08 - "The router showing on the account has got stuck and this is the reason you haven't received it. We have added another order to the account and I have confirm that you'll receive the router within 3 working days. More than likely the tuesday. Please accept our apologies for the delay but we'll monitor you receive it." - honesty at last - well maybe
4/11/08 - no router. Checked tracker, found wired router replaced with wireless - wanted wired. Raised this along with question of refund with customer support.
5/11/08 - 15 hours later - "I can assure you the free wireless router which is now the standard we send out will be with you with in the next day or two. I have also credited your account with one month free that will make up for the time with out broadband.". The month credit isn't exactly a prize. As I still have no broadband, at best I'm getting two weeks rental - less than £5 - not a lot!
As appears to be standard practice, query only partly responded to.
Then the bombshell - digging through the various account pages - bear in mind I'm digging through a system that's new to me - I find that plusnet has sent the router - if indeed they've actually sent it at last - to the wrong address. The corrrect hardware delivery address was in the system on 30/10/08 - I didn't change it so who did? Part of the "stuck" problem?
5/11/08 - Pointed error out to plusnet
6/11/08 - 13 hours later "The router has been sent to, *************************** This is due for delivery and I can see no not of an alternate address being mentioned, is it possible to get the router from the address it has been sent to ?
I can see your frustration but we simply cant send an extra router at the minute."

You can see my frustration?? Super - then why not do something about it? I've already explained that I specified my parents address as I'm out at work all day and have no means of retrieving packages from the sorting office.
I shouldn't be still waiting to connect due to a series of plusnet cock ups.
I shouldn't be waiting 15 hours for responses
I shouldn't be getting partial answers - RTBQ plusnet customer support!!!!!!!
I shouldn't be relying on my Dad to chase my plusnet order - I don't currently have internet access in my flat so I have to rely on my Dad to chase this for me  - as he's over 20 miles away, this is also costing us numerous phone calls
Plusnet should accept they've screwed up this order so badly, they need to come up with a meaningful solution - get a replacement router package to me (at the correct delivery address) by guaranteed next day delivery.
They also need to address both the response time and quality of response to queries. Why 15 hours? I've found the only way to speed up response is to raise another ticket - open tickets seem (in my experience and the times back this up) to get looked at through the night, hence the long response times - around 15 hours. I'm new to the system - is there another way?
Finally, compensation - wrong word really.
Plusnet have charged me for something they've not delivered.
They've been incompetent in their handling of this order, and evasive/dishonest with their handling of queries.
cp:red Excessive number of ? removed from title. mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Support??????????????

If you give me a telephone number, I'll be happy to give you a call to explain the whole situation.
whatsupport

Call me on the number I posted to customer support yesterday
James
Grafter

Thanks.
I've got a couple of meetings to go to, but I'll try to give you a ring inbetween half eleven and twelve.
whatsupport

Prompt, positive response from Jameseh.
whatsupport

Replacement router arrived at 11:15 this morning as promised.
Well done JB  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
James
Grafter

Great, glad to hear it Smiley