cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support ticket complaints

uplandspark
Dabbler

Support ticket complaints

Two complaints regarding the support ticket system.

Firstly it's almost impossible to find how to start a support ticket. Is this deliberately hidden? How exactly do you do this?

Secondly Plusnet opened a support ticket for me 11:51am, Saturday 6 Jun 2015 asking me to update it. I did 6:48am, Monday 8 Jun 2015 but nobody responded.
After 2 1/2 days of waiting with no one responding added further  posts  7:59pm, Wednesday 10 Jun 2015 & 8:01pm, Wednesday 10 Jun 2015.
Further 1 1/2 days later still no response.
What is considered a reasonable response time bearing in mind the frustrations of a user who has no idea if anybody is looking at it at all & is just left hanging?
Bear in mind it was Plusnet who created the support ticket & asked me to respond.
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Support ticket complaints

regarding tickets - this change met with universal (well almost) disapproval
see my sig for a link to the useful version of the Help Assistant
uplandspark
Dabbler

Thanks Jim
Been all over the Help Assistant.
Are you saying that we can't actually open support tickets?
Edit: Just seen we can open a complaint there, I'll try that, thanks!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You can - just select one of the items in the list below
What changed was the difficulty of finding the page I linked to
uplandspark
Dabbler

Yep, thanks a lot for that.
Just raised a complaint using your link:-
At the moment we're averaging a response time of 31 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds for new queries.
Not great is it!
Also mine isn't a new query, it's an old one. What's the response time for that? Sometime never?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I am surprised that you were given the average response time as Complaints used to be handled separately by a different team with a response time nearer a week I believe
I agree the response time quote is not good but at least it is better than the 48 hour target  Crazy
sjptd
Grafter

Wasn't the target 24 hours, recently increased to 48 hours?  Or have I got confused with some other target?
I've been lucky enough not to need to contact them since a small issue at first move, when the phone was answered fairly quickly.  The 'chat online' service looks as if it could be helpful, expect that when I happen upon that page I mostly see a message that says 'Online chat is currently unavailable'
p.s. I see 'We aim to reply to all complaints within 5 working days.' on https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/# ; and choosing 'contact customer serivces'
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

I've made a formal complaint regarding my support ticket mainly due to the slow replies.
I don't know what the target is but in practice it takes 3 working days for a reply, that becomes 5 days if over a weekend.
Unfortunately things get worse, the complaint ticket takes 7 days for replies. Sad
The sad thing is, I came to Plusnet because I previously had a lot of respect for their support.  Shocked

uplandspark
Dabbler

Cheers npr
Yep. I've just been fobbed off with the '3 working days' from now thing so that's a further five days ............... for a fault I raised six days ago & they ignored until this morning.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

That's about it, averaging just over one reply per week.
If you can get one of the forum reps to take ownership of your issue then in my experience things progress smoothly. Failing that .................. I wish you luck.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I appreciate that ticket response times can be longer than ideal, however complaint tickets do state the following when you open one:
Our working hours are Monday to Friday between 9am-8pm and Saturdays between 9am-6pm. We will respond to your complaint within 5 working days.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
uplandspark
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
I appreciate that ticket response times can be longer than ideal,

Looks like they have got even worse!
Couldn't get through on the phone to business support a week ago which used to be so good.
So raised a ticket (#115524978). No response a week on!
What's going on PlusNet?Huh
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Maybe the ghost of Andy Baker will appear this Christmas on here and announce PlusNet have had a change of heart and will give us a present of sensible response time.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Brandscill
Grafter

Quote from: uplandspark
Quote from: Chris
I appreciate that ticket response times can be longer than ideal,

Looks like they have got even worse!
Couldn't get through on the phone to business support a week ago which used to be so good.
So raised a ticket (#115524978). No response a week on!
What's going on PlusNet?Huh

The only way to get a response now is open a ticket and then nudge them after 3 days to look at it, then nudge again.