cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Question headings

Owain
Dabbler

Support Question headings

Allow each Support Question to be given its own heading. It's confusing if you've got more than one question open.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Support Question headings

Hi Owain,
I understand what you're saying, and it's a good idea. Trouble is it could also encourage people to keep tickets open for longer than necessary to resolve the issue, plus you can only have three tickets open at any one time (mainly to prevent too many being raised).
I can see the value when it comes to referring back to closed tickets, though do many people do this? I'll definitely pass this on, but no promises as to when it'll get investigated I'm afraid.
Owain
Dabbler

It might help people close tickets sooner, if they feel it's easier to re-open if the problem re-occurs. And easier for tech supp staff as well as customers to find, if they don't know the ticket number.
I've got 2 open at the moment, and one is a intermittent recurring issue probably on its third or fourth ticket. So if I'm limited to 3 I hope nothing else goes wrong!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well once a ticket is closed it can't be re-opened I'm afraid - you'd need to raise a new ticket. Plus with two open you still have the option of raising a third if you need (while ideally we'd rather keep each issue to a separate ticket, if it's a quick check on something you need then it might be best to append it to an already open ticket or call in though of course we can check a few things via posts on here so that's another avenue).
matt_2k34
Grafter

though do many people do this?

+1 (over 2 lines)
being able to set a custom header on specific tickets would be great. Makes it easy to point CSC at the last ticket you had open and (hopefully) stops you getting the 'flow-chart' answer.
Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good point. Added to the internal discussion thread regarding this, thanks Matt.