cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Desk

W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Support Desk

I am beginning to have my own doubts about support.  I am still waiting for my hardware order to be placed, and considering the possibility of postal strikes, I would have thought if PN say that I will be connected from midnight on 23 Sept 2009 they would have done so by now.  Any one else having problems?  I have submitted a Question / Ticket: but am none the wiser: Sad
Question topic: Ask the Support Team - General Questions | ID: 30035232 Open
Your original Question 12:45pm, Thursday 17th September 2009
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Ask the Support Team Your Question.]
[Additional Information]
I see from the order tracker that money has been deducted from my account.  However you have yet to place the order for my hardware, which when you state that the connection will be working by midnight on Wednesday 23rd Sept 2009, is I feel cutting it a bit fine especially in the light of projected postal strikes. Please confirm my hardware will be delivered by Wednesday 23rd Sept 2009.
Copied To: [Email Removed]
[CSA Name Removed] CSC Analyst 1:17pm, Thursday 17th September 2009
Dear Mr Allison,
Thanks for getting in touch with us.
Further to your request please be advised that no money has been deducted from your account regarding any products offered by plusnet and in case if you wish the hardware to be delivered to you, please could you contact us on 08451400200 or reply to this ticket via portal at http://contactus.plus.net to authorise us to take the payment of £6.99 towards the postal and packaging costs at your earliest convenience.
Kind regards,
[CSA Name Removed]
[Sms Message: Thanks for getting in touch with us.
Further to your request please be advised that no money has been deducted from your account regarding any products offered by plusnet and in case if you wish the hardware to be delivered to you, please could you contact us on 08451400200 or reply to this ticket via portal.]
Your comment 1:30pm, Thursday 17th September 2009
Please do not go down the same route as Tiscali!
Please read extract from order tracker below:

Hello. Thanks for choosing Plusnet broadband.
We're now processing your order.
For more information about our services, read our Welcome Pack.
Checking your details
We're nearly ready to order your broadband.
Checking your line
We've run some checks on your telephone line and everything looks to be fine.
First payment
We've taken payment for your account.
You can view transactions in My Account.
Activating your line
Broadband orders typically take a week to complete.
Your broadband order should complete on 23rd Sep 2009 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.
Hardware delivery
The order has not yet been placed
If you'd like to change your delivery address, you can do so any time before your hardware is sent out.
Broadband order
We'll let you know when your broadband is ready to use.
Subscription payment
We'll take the first subscription payment for your broadband service.
As you can see payment has been taken!!! Hardware has npot been ordered!!!
When I set up my order I requested a wireless router to be delivered to:
[Address Removed]
Please check my order, order my hardware and confirm that it will be delivered before the switchover date.
Your comment 1:43pm, Thursday 17th September 2009
In addition, of course I authorise you to take for the postage and packing, I assumed that was included when you took the first payment from my debit card.
Your comment 2:09pm, Thursday 17th September 2009
[Address Removed]
Of course I authorise the payment of £6.99 towards postage and packing to be taken.
Please check my order, order my hardware and confirm that it will be delivered before the switchover date.
Your comment 5:27pm, Thursday 17th September 2009
I am still waiting for confirmation:
(Feels like Groundhog Day after my Tiscali experiences!)
[Address Removed]
Of course I authorise the payment of £6.99 towards postage and packing to be taken.
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: CSA Agent names removed as per the Forum Rules]
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Personal details removed as this forum is open to the public]
7 REPLIES 7
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Support Desk

Hi welcome to the forum
I would suggest you edit out your personal details for your own security and also remove the CS agents names (against forum rules)
mayfairnet
Dabbler

If I remember correctly, my hardware was only dispatched a few days before I was due to go live and turned up the next day. I think they only despatch once the broadband order has been accepted by  BT.
zubel
Community Veteran

By my reckoning, your line is due to be activated next Wednesday, and your router is likely to be ordered tomorrow for delivery on Monday.
B.
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Thanks Santiago, absolutely (the red mist was descending again after 6 months of Tiscali HELL!!!) right about the personal stuff, my stupid error. 
Thanks Barry I hope you're right, will have to wait and see!
Huh
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Update:
Tiscali phoned yesterday and couldn't understand why I was migrating to another ISP.  I was very polite but told them of all the problems of slow connection / loss of connection I had experienced.
Gues what?  This morning NO CONNECTION>  emailed Tiscal from work and they refused to add my complaint to the previous ones as I was on a different email address, told me to use my home email address - that would be the one wher there is no connectionthen!
James
Grafter

Hi Dawnrider,
Thank you for your time on the phone this morning.
I'm sorry to hear of our the hassle that you've been going through with Tiscali, but I'm happy to say that your migration order appears to be going through absolutely fine and should complete on Tuesday.  I've ordered your router and I'll keep an eye on your order to make sure everything goes as it should.
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Thanks again Jameseh!
Cheesy