cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superb Customer Service.

shivers
Dabbler

Superb Customer Service.

Yesterday I reported a fault on my line, (line being pulled by trees)  two engineers arrived within 10 minutes yes 10 minutes.  They had a look at the trees and tested the line and replaced the line from the pole there and then.  Could not do anything about the trees but replaced line with upgraded heavy duty line.  Fantastic work by PLUSNET and the linesmen.  Many Thanks to both.

Now can you fix my broadband please ?

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) All caps title removed as per Forum rules

7 REPLIES 7
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Superb Customer Service.

CANNOT believe that they turned up because of your fault report.MUCH more likely that one of your neighbours had reported the situation a few days (or more!) before.

shivers
Dabbler

Checked with neighbours, I was the only one who reported a problem.  Well done PLUSNET.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

What issues are you seeing with your broadband?

shivers
Dabbler

broadband keeps dropping to between 4.2 and 3.5 mbps and 0.68 mbps.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shivers
Dabbler

Hello, done all you requested. B.T.W  I surmise sent you the results.  Said line supports 21mbps getting nowhere near that and flucuates terribly.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If you don't want to share the requested information, then there's nothing more that community members can do to assist you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.