Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid give away

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Stupid give away

Can you imagine going into a shop to buy a new laptop, having chosen one the sales person said good choice we will give you a £100 if you take it way. This is exactly what PlusNet is doing paying people to take broadband whilst at the same time cutting customer service to the bone. Surely this is a sign of desperation and can only lead to the company going broke. For goodness sake stop playing numbers and get back to what PlusNet was best known for.
7 REPLIES 7
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Stupid give away

Can we have a link or some clarity about that.
PN are certainly not giving away anything to me.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

See attached
If they get 1,000 taking up the offer that's probably three extra support staff they could have employed from the cashback alone!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

That makes little sense, if the contract is for 12 months then what they are saying is you have a 12 month contract for line rental at £15.99 a month unless you pay a year in advance which makes it even cheaper ?
Have I understood that correctly ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
peter10
Grafter

My reading of PN's lastest offer is that if you sign up before price rise and take the annual line rental saver at £155.88 then that is all you will pay for a years unlimited broadband and weekend calls. However if you factor in the £75 cash back then the cost is £80.88. This is an average of £6.74 per month. Like an idiot I have just renewed my contract and C.O.T did not give me a deal anywhere near as good as this! Perhaps a member of C.O.T. would like to contact me and offer me the same deal. I will happily pay the extra for anytimes calls.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi Salmo ,
You have 14 days after your re contract to cancel the new contract. If your inside 14 days, its worth ringing COT team again :).
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

peter10
Grafter

Thanks Mike.
Unfortunately it was 16 days ago so it looks like I will have to wait until the next price rise to renegotiate or move. That  won't be too long I guess.
Kind Regards.
Peter
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Don't worry you've missed nothing - there will be small print; it won't be for existing customers and in my case the advertised rate is not available in my area. PlusNet downhill all the way.
dick:quote