cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to move to PlusNet....

jtb

Struggling to move to PlusNet....

After waiting 3.5 weeks since signing up for a phone and broadband package, I get a call from PlusNet telling me that my phone line is not registered correctly with BT. My account is currently with TalkTalk and their supplier is BT. Customer services tell me that I have to resolve the issue with my supplier. I am really unimpressed. When you change service providers it is the new providers job to sort out any problems with the changeover not the customer. And if anything is wrong, whether it be communication between providers, openreach or BT or the fact that a goat ate through the line, it is the new providers job to overcome the problems and do whatever is neccessary to provide service. I have sent TWO hours of my night speaking to PlusNet and TalkTalk albeit that 80% of that time was the time waiting to actually get speaking to a human being and got NOWHERE. Questions are is WHY has it taken so long to find this out what have PlusNet been doing for the past 3.5 weeks and WHY can they not sort out amongst themselves surely finding out about my phoneline is not Rocket Science.
10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Struggling to move to PlusNet....

Hi there,
From checking the ticket it seems that the number you have given us is showing as registered to a different address, unfortunately this prevents us from placing any orders against the line which is why we haven't been able to progress anything. Likewise it prevents us from being able to get any information from the suppliers, due to the mismatch between the number and address details that we have on record. There's also no mobile number on the account so we've not been able to contact you that way either to let you know.
The initial delay was due to the wait while the direct debit was set up, we then picked up the order on the 26th and first attempted to advise you of the problem with the order on the 30th July, sorry for the delay there.
jtb

Hi Matt, Thanks for your reply. However, it does not get me any closer to resolution. It certainly was not articulated by PlusNet Customer Services in the way you have explained in your post so it looks like I wasted my time last night asking TalkTalk the wrong thing. The PN Customer Service stated that there was no record at all of the number with BT even though they rang me on the same number and left a message on my answering machine for me to phone back. So lets be very clear, what exactly am I now asking TALKTALK given I have had two conflicting views from PN Customer Service...
jtb

Matt, Can pls you send me an email with what phone number you believe I have in case you have the wrong one on file...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, the one we have for you is the one you see when you log into your account on our website and check your details - it's the only one we have and we've talked to you on it so it's definitely the right one. The issue is detailed on your ticket (you can view this at http://contactus.plus.net - just select to view all open tickets).
To summarise though, when we check that number in our supplier's systems it doesn't show as being registered at your address. This is an issue that needs to be sorted out with the current supplier. Basically get in touch with them and ask them to confirm the details registered against your phone number, and to make sure that they match the address details that they currently have for you. Once that's done we should be able to place the order Smiley
jtb

Seems simple to you Matt, unfortunately we are talking about TalkTalk customer service. Unless the off shore centre follow a script they can't solve it. Spent another further 1 hour tonight trying to solve this. Without you contacting me directly by email like I have requested then I will have forget moving to PlusNet because I cannot afford any further time on this. They say there is nothing wrong with registration....
jtb

Has anyone else reading this forum ever had this problem? Talktalk say there is nothing wrong with the registration with their supplier and PlusNet say there is. I the customer have been caught in the middle.
Think that my original post was right "When you change service providers it is the new providers job to sort out any problems with the changeover not the customer. And if anything is wrong, whether it be communication between providers, openreach or BT or the fact that a goat ate through the line, it is the new providers job to overcome the problems and do whatever is neccessary to provide service". So why does PlusNet not speak to Talktalk DIRECTLY if they want the business instead of me wasting 2 nights of my time so far? What does anyone else think?
I guess it is no wonder that elderly people never change suppliers of telecoms, utilities etc as all of these switches are supposed to be seamless to Customers and quite often they are not.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Just a random and maybe useless thought, jtb, :), have you tied TT's forum on the chance that one of their staff members might pick up?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi jtb
Apologies if you already know but the TT forums are at http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/
The TT forums are "manned" by UK based support, not the international call centres and have a much better reputation at resolving issues.
Richard
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I sympathise with jtb here - since he's tried and failed to get any action with TalkTalk it's a pity Plusnet can't apparently sort it out direct.
However from my brother's previous poor experience with TalkTalk which ended with him cancelling his contract - and other reports such as this - I vowed some time ago never to consider TalkTalk as a provider of anything...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just had a look at the account and can confirm the order's been placed, so it looks like things have been sorted out - it's a simultaneous provide too so both services should activate together.
Thanks very much for sorting that out and sorry it was such a hassle to do so, hope that things go smoothly from here.