Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange call from Plusnet?

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Strange call from Plusnet?

Just had a call from someone claiming to be from Plusnet (0114 307 3836) and checking to see if I had the best deal - he rang my home phone and then proceeded to ask for my home phone number. Seriously ?Huh

I've been with PN for around 15 years and making these type of calls must be the quickest way of getting me to move on.

I don't mind receiving calls from PN but please employ someone with a bit of courtesy  and common sense.

If the call was a scam then please ignore Smiley

6 REPLIES 6
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Strange call from Plusnet?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hello there.

Just had a call from someone claiming to be from Plusnet (0114 307 3836) and checking to see if I had the best deal - he rang my home phone and then proceeded to ask for my home phone number. Seriously ?Huh

In fairness to the agent, he would have simply dialled a phone number. I appreciate there may be a good chance you'll be the one to answer but for data protection purposes we need to verify that by going through security checks.

If you'd like to opt out of marketing communications, please let us know here

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Gandalf In the light of this, and the myriad of similar posts within the linked thread (and others), would it not be an idea to inform everyone (possibly on their advice of monthly charges email), that this is a legitimate Plusnet linked phone number?

It also appears on WhoCallsMe UK - sometimes people say it's legit, sometimes they say it is spam.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We'll pass the feedback on John.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@BrightonRock wrote:

You must have missed this long thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Calls-from-0114-307-3836/td-p/1371384

I did miss it, I rarely visit these forums, see that the linked post was started almost a year ago makes the matter worse. Obviously Plusnet didn't take any notice of the criticisms or make any changes to the way they contact their customers.

It's a shame to see PN go downhill in such a way, they used to be a company that gave good support and listened to their customers - greed seems to have got the better of the company

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Have you advised us of your preferable method of contact using the link above?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet