cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for fault resolution since 8th March

janim4

Still waiting for fault resolution since 8th March

I just wanted to mark the passing of over a month of waiting for a fault to be resolved.
The only communication that I receive is the email to inform me that I have contacted the help? desk.
I used the feedback system to highlight the lack of progress, ownership of problem and communication and did receive a call stating someone would take ownership and supply their contact details so I could have a single point of contact. To this day despite mentioning this to the helpdesk  when chasing up the fault  to remind the person that I did not receive these contact details I am still awaiting this info.
On 8th March I lost broadband and reported it.
On 9th march I phoned to say it had returned but at  but at a very slow connection speed which rendered internet access almost useless.
I have since regained a more usable connection speed when they realised I had been put on a banded profile for some unexplainable reason but speed still not what I used to connect at but I am now being disconnected randomly.
All checks were carried out, all filters changed, a test router was installed, all other devices disconnected and an engineer came to my premises to check line and confirmed it was not at my end.
So I continue to hope that the issue will be resolved some time very soon.

7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Still waiting for fault resolution since 8th March

Hi janim4,
I've got one of our agents looking at this for you now and will stay on top of this for you. I'm really sorry for the delay.
janim4

I phoned in to enquire what progress had been made and discovered that plusnet had allowed the BT ticket to elapse so another will need to be raised!
It seems that the agent who was going to look into the problem asked whether I had  tried the test router which puzzled me as I had posted that it was put online on 10:36am, Tuesday 23rd March 2010 which begs the question whether any of the post are ever read.
Mand Beckett who had assured me that she was taking ownership of this ongoing issue on 12:26pm, Tuesday 30th March 2010 will not respond to any requests for her to contact me or take my calls or indeed reply to my email.
It is now six weeks since I raised this issue and I am no further forward.

Apprentice
Grafter

It is now six weeks since I raised this issue and I am no further forward.

That's very poor customer service indeed.
upsetgran

i am having the same problem as you, and getting no where ,with plusnet customer services? i have been with plusnet for 3 months. worse move i have made they just take you money with any internet service.
upsetgran
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@janim4 - there should be an update on your ticket for you shortly, I'm very sorry for the delay.
@upsetgran - I'm currently testing your line now and will advise of findings shortly.
kevf

better than i have at least someone is talking to you...
the helpdesk ticket system is a waste...  i work in IT and i tret my busers like plus do i would be reprimnanded or at least sacked..i am struggling to 130kbps second... byt no ticket update about what is being done...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@kevf
I've responded to your thread and the tickets on your account.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.