cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for Broadband

lainep

Still waiting for Broadband

Put my initial order for phone line and broadband with Plusnet on 12/12/13. Eventually (after a bunch of excuses and poor planning) got the phone line up and running on 4th of Feb. However I then had to play chase the support staff to find out why Openreach had not signed off on the phone line so PN could continue with the DSL order (this took took another week).
So I now have a modem sitting by my desk (6 days now) but have no idea when my service is likely to be activated (I have little faith it will be any day soon), my support ticket says:
"We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 79526264 ] has now been returned to the BOT - WLR 3 - Delayed Orders pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible. "
What does this actually mean? I really do not want to spend hours on the phone waiting to find out, any moderators out there care to enlighten me?
Service so far is amazingly awful!!
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Still waiting for Broadband

Nope - but staff should be able to
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi lainep,
Really sorry to hear about your delay. I have responded to ticket 79526264 on your account with further information.
Quote from: lainep

"We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 79526264 ] has now been returned to the BOT - WLR 3 - Delayed Orders pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible. "

This means that the open ticket we have on your account so that we can continue to monitor your order has been returned to the relevant team (BOT - WLR 3 - Delayed Orders) so that a member of this team can chase this up for you. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
lainep

Linn,
I'm totally confused, i just got a message from you stating my home phone service is now ready to use. As I have already mentioned on my ticket it was ready to use back on the 4th of Feb when I phoned your support team from that same exact line questioning why you had not ordered the broadband service. Can you please tell me the exact status of my broadband, the message you added to my support ticket is unclear, to quote:
"Our suppliers have advised that an engineer will be assigned to complete the connection of the line at the exchange within the next 24 hours.
You have however advised that the line is already working. We will notify you when the order has completed."
What does this mean? Are you assigning an engineer to complete the connection of my already working phone line? How can you notify me when my order is complete if the phone line is has been connected for nearly two weeks and I use it to stay on hold for painfully long time when reaching support? What is the status of my Broadband order, you have sent me a router so I assume you already knew that my phone lines was complete otherwise you would not send a router, is this correct?
I'm just asking for some clarity, in a nutshell please tell me the exact status of my order!!
p.s. telling me that my question has been returned to the BOT - WLR 2 - Delayed orders pool is not a helpful update for the customer, it tells me that you may review again within 24 hours, not very helpful to me!
lainep

Wow, I just got an email telling me that my home phone is now ready to use, I have been using it since it was connected on the 4th Feb. Any chance of broadband before the rapture?
PN, get your act together  Angry
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

After speaking to our suppliers today they have managed to close off the activity on your phone order which remained open. Although you've been able to use the phone service since 04/02/2014 the order was not reflecting as complete, hence why our system has now sent you a notification saying that the phone service is now ready to be used. We are therefore now able to proceed with your broadband order. Apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused.
lainep

Quote from: Linn
After speaking to our suppliers today they have managed to close off the activity on your phone order which remained open. Although you've been able to use the phone service since 04/02/2014 the order was not reflecting as complete, hence why our system has now sent you a notification saying that the phone service is now ready to be used. We are therefore now able to proceed with your broadband order. Apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Sounds a bit fishy to me, I would guess that in reality me posting on the forum made you push the suppliers and your own team to sort this rubbish out, I'm pretty sure was not a coincidence that my order closed out about the same time I posted online.
Also, your support team called me last Wednesday to confirm that the phone line had been completed and they were posting me a modem, I am assuming that nobody at PN bothered to update the system and put the broadband order in?!?
Shame on you and your service
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Again, apologies for the delay.
A member of our Delayed phone orders team was picking up on your ticket at the same time as I was investigating your account due to your forum post. This is purely coincidental and it just happened that our suppliers were able to close off your order so quickly. As stated in the ticket we have now placed your broadband order.
Due to the way the systems work we're unable to place a broadband order until the phone order is reflecting as complete.
I'm glad this has now been sorted for you.
lainep

Quote from: Linn
I'm glad this has now been sorted for you.

Well I guess its OK if you're glad, pat yourself on the back there  Crazy