cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Out of Contact

jenwren66
Hooked

Still Out of Contact

My switch over from TalkTalk to PlusNet was scheduled for Tuesday 27 November - the only thing to happen on that day was the disconnection of my phoneline, this, of course, I expected, however from all the research I did  before I decided to switch services, I was under the impression that this would cause minimal, if any, disruption to me. Five days, and many phone calls later, I am still without a phone or broadband and am seriously questioning whether I've made a serious mistake in switching. I've no complaints about any of the staff to whom I have spoken  (and I've spoken to just about everyone!!!!) but it beggars belief that this problem hasn't been resolved by now - we're only talking about a phone number/line not a complete re-installation. I may be one of a minority but I only have a basic PAYG mobile and although I have received a vast number of email updates I'm not actually able to read them unless I can book myself  a session at the library, which I am doing just now......as for phoning - it is a half mile trek to my nearest, 'air-conditioned- phone kiosk which is located alongside a very busy section of road so not the easiest of places to conduct an in-depth technical conversation. I did receive a text message yesterday to advise me that the suppliers were manually progressing my order and Plusnet would contact them again at 8pm yesterday but I've heard nothing since so I guess it is back to the phone box.......come on PlusNet, your reputation is at stake here and I am fast losing my patience.
6 REPLIES 6
jenwren66
Hooked

Out of Contact - Part 2

Further to my post about an hour ago, i forgot to mention that for the benefit of any plusnet member of staff who reads this, the outstanding help assistant question number on my account is 62743205 so would appreciate your intervention to speed thing up. Tks
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Still Out of Contact

Topics merged
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Plusnet's Digital Care Team staff who monitor the forums work normal weekday hours so it is likely to be Monday before they respond here.
Giving you a call on your PAYG mobile would save you having to go out to get progress updates on the fault. Have you supplied that mobile number in your account details?
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm afraid there's a problem in our suppliers' systems that's causing the delay. We've raised a bridge case on this and it seems one of our provisioning team has raised an escalation in order to keep pushing, we should have more information on what's happening for you on the ticket soon.
jenwren66
Hooked

Question 62743205.
8 days and counting. No update since my call on Saturday morning so I phoned Plusnet, yet again, at 16.40 yesterday evening to query the status of my order and it was confirmed that no update had been added to the system so it would be chased up again! Why am I surprised. I see from this morning's update that yet again the ticket has come off at the incorrect time etc. etc. and now returned to BOT-WLR3, delayed orders pool. 'Delayed' is now the understatement. It is no exaggeration to say that during the last 8 days I must have spent at least 5 hours phoning Plusnet from cold and draughty phone boxes and still nothing. With today's advanced technology I can't believe that it is proving so problematic just to switch a phone number  - I have an installed line (which was working fine up to 8 days agao), I am not transferring from cable or upgrading to fiber, or even trying to rebuild the exchange - I just want my phone line re-activated, surely it is hardly rocket science.  I am deeply disappointed PlusNet, I had read such excellent reviews from happy customers that I believed I was in reliable hands, I am seriously regretting my decision to switch providers, in fact I am losing the will to live!!!!! Come on PlusNet, please pull your finger out - I am not flying the old OAP flag but I am no youngster, I am drawing my old age pension and I am getting seriously stressed out about the whole situation. This has caused me immense inconvenience!!! No-one seems bothered about rushing this through. I've had my moan and now wait for the result.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We understand your frustration here, I've checked and I'm happy that our provisioning team are doing everything we're able to in order to progress this problem with the order for you.
It looks like we're expecting an update to the bridge case we raised (a report our suppliers raise internally to fix a system problem) today so I'll make sure we keep you posted and thank you for your patience so far.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team