cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sterling Service

erikm

Sterling Service

I have been a Plus Net customer since 2003 (I think) and, as might be expected in that period of time, there has been the odd hiccup.
Initially in my case a frequent difficulty was that, being on disability benefit, it was often difficult to make payment in the previous late payment window. Following, possibly more than one, call to PN, they altered the payment window to make it easier for people on benefits to take advantage of their service.
Subsequently, they also implemented the interim interface which allowed us to pay on the web without having to have to remember the number and call the billing department.
On two other occasions, today being one of them, I managed to exceed my bandwidth allowance by an amount that was substantially in excess of my normal monthly payment. On the first occasion, I inadvertently allowed a peer to peer file sharing program to have unlimited access to my bandwidth and ended up with a bill of £136 as a result.
Today, possibly entirely because I was unaware of how much bandwidth video streaming was taking up, I ended up with a bill four times my normal amount.

I would like to thank Plus Net generally, and Joe from billing particularly wrt today, for the consistently high level of concern and compassion that they have displayed in dealing with my occasional financial difficulties.
I am highly computer literate but suffer from a relatively severe disability that leaves me often at risk if I leave my home. Thus Plus Net is my window onto a life that I would otherwise not have.

Thank you all at PN so much for ten years of great service and for the level of personal concern that you have repeatedly made it clear that you have for people in low income and other disadvantaged life circumstances.
2 REPLIES 2
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Sterling Service

Good to hear some positive feedback and comments about Plusnet. I've had nothing but good service from them but have only been with them for 10 months now Smiley
Have you considered moving to an unlimited package for your own peace of mind ? It's far easier than worrying if you're approaching your limit or worrying if that latest update Windows is asking for is going to push you over your limit (I managed 6Gb by accident on Friday) !
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Sterling Service

Hi erikm,
Thank you for taking your time to post this, it's good to see such happy and loyal customers.
Glad Joe got that sorted for you, I'll be sure to pass your thanks on.