cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some feedback on my recent downtime...

Mav
Fixes: 515

Some feedback on my recent downtime...

When we lost the phone line around midnight 22nd/23rd Feb I decided to wait till the morning to see if it was a temporary issue. By then nothing had changed.
I have very poor mobile signal in my area but finally got a decent enough signal to ring PN later in the afternoon. Informed of a 30 minute wait but answered within a minute. Fault logged with estimated repair time of 4 days. Not happy but am a patient person.
OR engineer arrived yesterday (26th) at 13:00 connected his equipment and went off to the exchange. By 16:30 had heard nothing back so I rang PN - call answered immediately. Agent said he would investigate and get back to me which he did 10 minutes or so later to let me know the the engineer is still on the job.
The engineer eventually sorted the line after 4 hours. He did tell me that he was about to give up after around 1 hour or so but his manager had peeved him off so rather than go back and face him he stuck with the issue - rather a shocking comment!
Speed back to what is was and BT profile back up so rang PN to request they raise their profile to match and call answered immediately again. As the recent dropouts may have been connected to the cable break found by the engineer I requested the SNR be reduced from 9 back to six to see how it goes. The agent said he would check the line in the morning and if stable he would reduce the SNR as requested.
True to his word the SNR reset was performed around 10:30 this morning (27th).
I wish to thank the agent for his courteous help/support and for keeping to his promises and also, for listening to me and not treating me in a condescending manner like my last ISP Wink
Please pass on my thanks.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Some feedback on my recent downtime...

Thanks very much for your feedback. You spoke to Simon, he's a really great Faults Agent and I'm not surprised you got the SNR Reset this morning as promised Smiley
I'm not too happy with the engineers comments so I'll be feeding that back to Openreach! I'll pass your message of thanks onto Simon though - he'll appreciate that I'm sure.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Some feedback on my recent downtime...

Cheers, Chris. I didn't mention the agent's name due to the forum rules but appreciate you passing my gratitude to him Smiley
I did forget to mention that he tried to ring me this morning (he did leave a message) to confirm his actions re the SNR reset.
All in all a good experience.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still