cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So disappointed with Plusnet

Johnlyn1950

So disappointed with Plusnet

Up until 3 weeks ago I was a very happy Plusnet customer. As of today (3 weeks to the day) I am a most unhappy Plusnet customer.

My story so far:

On the 16th of October I lose my phone and fibre broadband. It appears that BT have slammed my line (given it to someone else). Plusnet should have contacted me with this info before they took my line so it could have been halted but they didn't. I lost my line, and as of today I  have had my phone line back and an adsl broadband which gives me .7 of a meg. I live in the last but one house from the exchange.   Firstly I was told that there was no way I could have been told that this slamming was happening, a lie and not the first. Then after I would say 20 hours or more (collectively the longest single wait 1hr and 52 min)  of waiting to speak to a staff members and probably at least 15 different people I am told that I can no longer have fibre and I am left with a worthless broadband. To add insult to injury my line but not my number was given to my new neighbour. I do not  hold them responsible for this. This is down to Plusnet's incompetency, and the attitude of their staff leaves a lot to be desired.  Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
roberto2212
Grafter

Re: So disappointed with Plusnet

cancel,cancel,cancel this poor provider.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@roberto2212  I realise from your other thread that you have a problem with your service that YOU and Plusnet need to get resolved - but trolling other peoples post is not helping your case.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Johnlyn1950

Hi MauriceC, don't understand your reply? This is my only post, no other threads. I have not trolled any other posts. Please clarify?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@MauriceC was referring to roberto2212, the post directly above his as indicated by @roberto2212

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) 'Solution' vote respectfully declined as I didn't provide one.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Johnlyn1950

Ah but you did! I saw that MauriceC was not referring to me. Thanks

roberto2212
Grafter

MauriceC this is not thread..this is true story..please check other feedback..70% customers had problem with plusnet..so best way is cancel this poor and bad provider.It is only one way. so this is my help.thanks

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@Johnlyn1950 - Just taking a look at your account now. I'll update the thread shortly.

Appreciate your patience. I have to hold my hands up here and say that you should have received notification that BT have placed an order. This would have nipped the issue in the bud before it had even started, so I'll be in the process of investigating why it wasn't sent out. Frustrating, so big apologies for this.

In terms of getting your number back. It'd be worth asking the neighbours to contact their provider and ask them to renumber their line. This should release your number, and I'll ensure that it's grabbed back for free.

Once again, apologies for the poor experience.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ckcentre

Same issue for us 3 weeks still no original number back; affected our business line badly -  customers cant reach us no internet absolute chaos all we get is excuses and aplogies still no line or broadband.

I found Plusnet CEO Andy Baker's email address and emailed him also looking for his personal social media accounts see if I can get any action there plus all the Plusnet executive board from companies house records let's see if this helps - If that doesn't work a trip to the head office I think