cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Long Plusnet, its not you it's BT!

Johnmw

So Long Plusnet, its not you it's BT!

So after 12 months of rubbish line quality especially in wet weather, due to a fault that BT OpenReach don't appear to be interested in fixing I've jumped ship to VirginMedia cable (At least I had the option).
I'll be honest, it's not rock solid but when it works it's great, even the basic package means little or no buffering & all our smart devices now work as they should.
So Thanks for everything Plusnet, (at least you were cheap) as I say It's not you but the aged infrastructure you have to work with and Openreach not being interested in fixing the fault.
So long Wink
5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Rising Star

Re: So Long Plusnet, its not you it's BT!

Absolutely nothing wrong with using VM as an alternative provider when you have BT line issues.
When I was with VM, I had very few technical issues (don't get me started about their billing and customer service though).
If we had the option where I live now, I would certainly look into using them for a second line / backup internet.
hocumgday
Grafter

I have had the same problem with Plusnet and yet they are a BT owned company. I have had no internet now for 3 days and I am still being shoved from pillar to post...never used to be like this but I am certainly moving, the first chance I get, to fibre with a different provider
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hocumgday,
Your issue is being progressed here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,131494.0.html
BT own many business, not just PlusNET however under Ofcom rules, group ownership confers no advantages between BT group members.  Indeed under the rules, BT Retail get the same level of highly variable service from BT Openreach as does PlusNET.  This is the point being made by the OP.
Unless you can get fibre from Virgin Media, it will be a service delivered by BT Openreach over the same local infrastructure as you have at present.  Changing ISPs is not a route to resolving such issues - they need to be fixed by BTOR irrespective of who you pay your bill to.
As advised in the thread above your issue is being progressed with BTOR by PlusNET.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrcoluk
Grafter

VM have a shoddy attitude to congestion but if you in a good low utilised area then is probably a good service whilst BT have better capacity planning but shoddy attitude to line faults.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Johnmw,
I'm sorry to hear that you have left us and that we couldn't resolve your issue. I wish you all best best with Virgin Media.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet