cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed

flexo1966
Grafter

Slow speed

Having finally taken over 2 months to sort out my phone and broadband it now appears that my speed is slow.
The unannounced engineer turned up last Friday and fixed my problems only to tell me that I have more.
The open reach socket should have taken the place of the master socket but this had not been done.
For some reason he told me it was illegal for it to be placed were it was. ?
So that fixed and my telephone sockets fixed we checked my speed which was slow at 38 meg.
I explained that when I took the contract they told due to my location I would be able to get 63.3 meg.
The engineer told me that this is impossible due to cable, drop-wire 8  coming in to my house.
He explained as it was a managed instal plusnet should have changed this and untill they do it will be impossible for me to attain this speed.
I did try and phone but after waiting over 20 minutes I gave up. I then went to raise a question but have 4 open and don't know how to close them.
So plusnet you have miss-sold a product and I want to know what you are going to do about it.
What would be nice is my mac code so I can leave the sham of a company.
Ring me or open a question. I'm now of downtown to see if I can take you to the small claims court. Absolutely pig sick of this company.
Steve

10 REPLIES 10
soutter

Re: Slow speed

the speed on my internet is appalling  its the worst I have ever encountered.  The supposed service is really bad and its been going on for over 8 months.  They do nothing about except say log onto BT wholesale speed check but when you do it just drops the link.  you have to be wired into the box.  if I wanted wire connections I would have paid for wired connections but even when you are wired in it drops.  This is BT in disguise and we all remember how crap BT was well so is PlusNet 
Anyone fancy a multiple complaint to trading standards.  They owe me a lot of money its fraud to charge for a service then not provide it
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Steve,
I'm really sorry to hear that you've had problems and now you're seeing issues with the speed.
When we place a fibre order, the engineer should automatically replace any old master sockets with a new one as standard and this isn't an additional request from us in the ordering process, this should just happen as part of the install so please accept our apologies of this didn't happen. I'll now raise this with the supplier and see what we need to do to arrange for this to happen.
As this will be internal to your address, we'll need to arrange for access to the property for the engineer. Is there a preferred date or time between Monday/Friday and 9am to 1pm / 1pm to 6pm?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: soutter
the speed on my internet is appalling  its the worst I have ever encountered.  The supposed service is really bad and its been going on for over 8 months.   They do nothing about except say log onto BT wholesale speed check but when you do it just drops the link.  you have to be wired into the box.  if I wanted wire connections I would have paid for wired connections but even when you are wired in it drops.   This is BT in disguise and we all remember how [Censored] BT was well so is PlusNet   
Anyone fancy a multiple complaint to trading standards.   They owe me a lot of money its fraud to charge for a service then not provide it

Hi Soutter,
Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the speed of your service. Would you like us to take a look into this for you and see if we can help you with testing on your side?
It seems that you've referenced some issues with testing the connection via an ethernet cable. While this may not be ideal for you, it will help us to further eliminate the wireless connection as the cause of the speed problem and allow us to work out what the next step will be in resolving the issue for you.
Are you able to confirm if this has been done and if so could you post us the results of a BT speed test so we can see how the connection performs?
Thanks
flexo1966
Grafter

plusnet you are clowns, simple as. I have run out of terms to describe you.
BT, talktalk and plusnet ran a check on my line and all 3 came up with 63.3 meg.
I get 35-38 meg which is fast but not what I pay you for.
Sort it out you idiots, and that includes you adam with your p*ss poor excuses.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you want Plusnet to help you with your problem you are going a very odd way about it. Adam, being a professional, will no doubt come back tomorrow and offer further assistance (I couldn't find any "excuses" in his previous reply) but one could hardly blame him if he didn't.
flexo1966
Grafter

Sort out my speed or charge me less. incompetence personified. With out a doubt the worse isp going.
You will get 18 months of this I promise you. Idiots full stop.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3653547435
gswindale
Grafter

Hi Steve,
From reading the post above;
I'll now raise this with the supplier and see what we need to do to arrange for this to happen.
As this will be internal to your address, we'll need to arrange for access to the property for the engineer. Is there a preferred date or time between Monday/Friday and 9am to 1pm / 1pm to 6pm?

That to be reads that Adam is trying to sort this out; but needs your assistance in order to do so.
If you're able to assist then I'm sure that either your speed can be increased or that Adam will look at moving you onto the "slower" fibre package.
If you're not willing to assist; then I'll suggest you've got nothing to gain by ranting here or switching as there does appear to be an issue that will require fixing by one ISP or another.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: flexo1966
BT, talktalk and plusnet ran a check on my line and all 3 came up with 63.3 meg.

BT, TalkTalk and Plusnet all use the same data from BT which is an estimate of your line speed.
My line speed was estimated at 50.4 on signup. I got 74 initially which had settled down to 54-56 after 18 months.
The estimate is based on other lines already with FTTC in your area, your distance to the cabinet and some other factors. It cannot take into account your internal extension wiring, any electrical or electronic interference inside or outside of your property which could cause the DLM to reduce the speed to increase stability or other factors.
Have you checked with any of your neighbours to see what kinds of speeds they are getting ? It could be that after some faults, your DLM has kicked in and over time your speed will increase to the maximum of the lines potential.
Hijacking other peoples threads and posting derogatory comments about Plusnet and their Staff will get you nowhere on here.
flexo1966
Grafter

Ha Ha, this has now become a comedy. I will post derogatory, albeit true comments about plusnet untill you clowns have sorted YOUR contract out.
Pillocks absolutely pillocks.Two bob numb nuts trying to play with the big boys.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning flexo1966,
I appreciate that you're upset regarding the speeds you're seeing based on the estimates you had and please rest assured that we're more than happy to help resolve this if you're willing to work with us.
Given that the equipment in your home needs to be changed out by an engineer, we would need to have you give us some dates and times as outline in my initial response so that we can arrange this for you. Unfortunately, the longer it takes for us to get these dates and times the longer the issue will be dragged out.
UPDATE
Support ticket updated