Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow replies to open questions,

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Slow replies to open questions,

What is the expected time for an answer to reply on an open question?
49441430 ~ My last response 11:25am, Sunday 11 Dec 2011
49758187 ~ My last response 12:22pm, Monday 12 Dec 2011
I would say this is not very good.
34 REPLIES 34
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Slow replies to open questions,

Currently quoted as 4 hours, 16 minutes and 13 seconds.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

[quote=Customer Support Stats]These question handling statistics relate to questions directed at our front-line support team. More complex issues, fault investigations and issues that require the help of other departments within the business may take longer to turnaround.
HI Dan the Van,
I've just replied to 49758187.
Jojo Smiley
edit. Ticket 49441430 is in the faults pool, so they do take a little longer as per the above
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for providing an update, I think it is very poor to have to use Twitter or a Forum Site to get any progress.
Question ~ 49758187
I said
Hi my telephone exchange is now 'Market 2" but my account hasn't been update to reflect this change and I am paying £17-99 and not £11-49.

Ben says
It is an automated process that changes the accounts over and seems to have missed your account. I will arrange for a refund for this invoice to be done on your account as soon as the current direct debit has cleared.

and you say
We didn't automatically change this for existing customers but did allow it if requested. I have changed your pricing so that future charges are in line with the market 3 price but we would not backdate this.

Confused
Question 49441430
You have not answered my last reply; I used enjoy much faster download speeds. Just presenting me with something I already know is pointless, I'm not logging a fault for loss of service, but degrading of my connection speed over a period of time.
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 3776 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 55.0 db 29.0 db
Noise Margin 4.8 db 18.0 db
Now I can only get, even when connected to the master socket.
Connection Speed 2656 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 55.0 db 28.0 db
Noise Margin 10.9 db 21.0 db
My exchange is now 21CN WBC enabled, could this be causing my issue?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

From very limited experience - my connection - my default noise margin jumped up 6dB on changing from 20CN to 21CN for no apparent reason.
Yours appears to have increased either to 9dB or 12dB given the reported noise margin of 10.9dB
I would suggest asking for a reset or retrain - not sure which is available now
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dan the Van,
With regard to what Ben said, apologies but that was incorrect and I have fed this back to his line manager; although he has agreed a partial refund of the previous month which we will honour.
As for your speed issue. Are you currently in the test socket?
Jojo Smiley
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Currently it is not connected to the master socket; it hasn't made a difference to the syncing where my modem is connected Line Attenuation remains the same,  I have just had my IP profile reset last week and a few months ago; the connection always reverts back to roughly these figures.
Connection Speed 2656 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 55.0 db 28.0 db
Noise Margin 10.9 db 21.0 db
In 12 months the Noise Margin has increased from Noise Margin 4.8 db 18.0 db to Noise Margin 10.9 db 21.0 db . downstream noise margin drifts between 10 and 12 db. BT in the past have told me the copper wires to the exchange are in poor state.
I use a Netgear DG-834-PN is this suitable for use with a 21CN WBC enabled exchange?
Thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi
I've just had a look at the product spec here and I don't see any mention of ADSL2+. I would be interested to see the stats in the test socket though.
Jojo Smiley
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Jo,
Can't do that until this evening, like you I'm at work.
I will add the stats to question later, one from current location and other at the master socket with no filter connected.
Dan.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Dan, you say master socket, but I mean the test socket behind the faceplate. Do you have one of them? Smiley
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Jo,
silly me, wrong term Embarrassed  I mean the test socket, (face plate off.)

So this
Currently it is not connected to the master socket; it hasn't made a difference to the syncing where my modem is connected Line Attenuation remains the same,
should read
It hasn't made a difference to the syncing in the past where my modem is connected, extension or test socket Line Attenuation remains the same,
Dan.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dan,
Bearing in mind the potential issue of the router I'll see if I can get one of ours to you to test, if you like. I would like it if I could run some tests while it was in the test socket though.
Jojo Smiley
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Jo,
With regards to the test socket, I have a ADSL Plug-In Faceplate Filter from Maplin, what I will do is remove the extension cable from it, we need to keep the phone active.I will connect my router connected this way through tomorrow.  I will post the router stats page here as well.
Thanks
Dan
PS I have closed the Markets area change question.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You don't need to do that - just stick a pigtail filter into the test socket and use the phone as usual
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

I don't have this type of filter any more, that's why I said I would remove the extension cable. I guess they want to check the modem without any extensions connected.
Dan
dick:quote