cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow activation

painterplusnet

Slow activation

Moved into a new flat on Dec 1st, applied that same day for Plusnet to provide me with phone and fibre broadband. The previous owner had a different provider.
It's now the 27th Dec and still no sign of either - the progress page when I log in has been saying that details about my account are still being gathered, but even taking Christmas into account, I'm struggling to see why it's taking so long.
Unfortunately, it now looks like it might be well into January before anything happens here, given the holiday period, and in the meantime, I'm paying for patchy and expensive mobile wi-fi to cover the gap. Not impressed so far, I have to say.
3 REPLIES 3
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Slow activation

Hi and welcome, your best bet is to ring them Tuesday early, my guess is that the order has not been picked up by their system yet  Sad
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately when your account was signed up our system didn't generate a ticket for us to place your order Sad (Manual order placement is required for your account)
I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay. I'll pick this up straight away and provide further updates via the ticket on your account shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Hi Harry,
Is the nature of the failure understood and has an internal fault report been raised for the failure?
Out of interest in what circumstances is manual intervention required?  Knowledge of same would help the forum regulars to know what to look out for / the right questions to ask.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.