Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something positive.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Something positive.

I phoned mid morning, chat unavailable, to report a phone fault on the 14/12 after going through the PN troubleshooter. About 30 min. on hold, not good but better than some have reported. The CS agent was unable to carry out a line test and a copper line test because of the fault.
A ticket was raised almost immediately (116211298) and I have been informed, by regular ticket updates, of the progress. BT arranged to fix on the 16th but unable due to inadequate resources?
Further date arranged by PN for 21st. Fault fixed on that date. Must have been somewhere outside property boundary.
So, in general, well handled by PN and BTOR. the ticket still has to be updated, probably with reference to the fix.
However, since reporting the fault my broadband has been very flaky and slow with lots of disconnections. I mistakenly put this down to the phone line fault. Even yesterday after the fix my download was around 0.99mb/s!
I had substituted the microfilter at the master socket with a faulty one on the 14th. Roll_eyes Plugged in the original microfilter, now back to normal.
A pat on the back for PN and BT for the way in which the fault has been handled. Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Something positive.

And BTOR actually 'phoned me on the 22nd to make sure everything was working, which I was able to confirm.
Isn't it strange? Someone posts positive feedback and not a dicky bird is said in spite of 80+ views.
If I had posted something critical of PN and/or BTOR the apologists and fanboys would have been all over the post like a rash, "it's not PN's fault, it's BTOR! If I had been critical of PN it would have been all nasty BTOR's fault. If I had been critical of BTOR then there would have been agreement, not fit for purpose etc..
Not even a thanks for the positive feedback from PN either - speaks volumes.  Sad
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I do appreciate the positive feedback. Thanks for that Smiley and apologies it didn't come sooner Embarrassed
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@NAT,
Yes it is really good to hear of your excellent experience, though I'm not clear what comments you'd really expected, beyond a thank you from PlusNET.
Your point though on the responses on problem threads is to be expected - there will be those who also have problems saying nothing more than 'me too' which helps no one and others who will seek to illuminate the complexity of providing the service which tends to get exposed when things go wrong.
When everything works to plan, there's no need to understand the detail, however when there's an issue, understanding the detail helps identify who needs to do what.  Being informed helps to avoid being fobbed off and ensures the right party is correctly engaged.  The reality is that in many cases, the causes of the complaints in the forums is down to BTOR failure.  What we cannot gauge is the proportion of failure, for few people are as kind as you have been here in posting news of delivery going to plan.  Take comfort that as a result of your post 80+ souls will be reassured that it's not all doom and gloom!
I hope things remain bright and wonderful for you throughout 2016, for it has not always been so great for you!  Shocked

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.