Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Tonight

Velocity
Grafter

Slow Tonight

noticed youtube on smart tv buffering, checked speed bt official said
Download speed achieved during the test was - 27.61 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 16 Mbps-71.69 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 71.69 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 14.22 Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
===============================================
Speedtest.net
23 down
16.65 up.
Not wifi, directly connected
anyone else had a massive slowing down
9 REPLIES 9
mikko
Grafter

Re: Slow Tonight

Me too. Very similar figures or even lower from several speedtest sites. My ip profile is 71.1 mbps.
I assume it's weather related (i live on border of SW London and Surrey.)
Anyone else affected?
Velocity
Grafter

whatever it was seems to be fixed now, but damned annoying at the time.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3061557284
mikko
Grafter

Tested again at 11.13pm - back to normal. Wonder how widespread the slowdown was?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I got a couple of distinctly slow speedtests (download only affected) just after the time of the OP but back to full speed by 11PM

Normal result at 22:58

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mikko
Grafter

Back to slow again - no dial tone but still got internet. Weather related definitely.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@Mikko
I've checked over your connection and it's showing plenty of errors on your line. If you've no dial tone at all then you'll need to report this to your phone provider.
@Velocity
I can't see any issues on your line at all, do you know if it happened on another device apart from your TV?
mikko
Grafter

Chris, no dial tone this morning ("no line" message on cordless phone). Logged the fault with BT. The overhead line from the house passes through a tall Leylandii type tree over the road so with the strong winds I guess the line has become 'one legged' which explains why we can still get the internet, albeit much slowed down.
BT say they can get round to repairing it at or before 5pm on 31st October.
Last time this happened (about 10 years ago) BT offered to divert incoming calls to my mobile. Can't find it on the website now. Does anyone know if they do it? (Forgot to ask the lady in India when fixing my appointment).
AndyH
Grafter

mikko
Grafter

Thank AndyH, found and sorted.