Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Slow Portal

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Slow Slow Portal

Is there nothing that can be done to speed up the loading and access to the various areas of the members centre? It's like waiting for paint to dry waiting for the home page to load and then navigate around the various pages. This matter has been raised many time but nothing ever seems to happen.
64 REPLIES 64
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow Slow Portal

I'll see if anything's going on at the moment but I don't think so. Which areas is it specifically, or is it the whole members centre?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Matt,
It's always slower than any other sites
Just checked - 20 secs to load this https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection
There is a significant delay before the traffic starts and this is what it looks like - so the first question is why is it rate limited to about 800kbps (my download speed is about 2750 on a speed test)
glloyd
Rising Star

It takes for ever for the home page to come up then access to most other pages takes ages as well. The slowest by a long way of any site I use.
Quote from: orbrey
I'll see if anything's going on at the moment but I don't think so. Which areas is it specifically, or is it the whole members centre?
Diamond
Grafter

I'm so pleased to read this thread,
I am on a very slow internet speed due to my location but accessing the Plusnet portal is horrendous. I have changed browsers and computers, shut down security in an attempt to trace why it takes so long to respond.
Now I can relax happy in the knowledge that I am not the only one with this problem and that the fault lies with the plusnet website.
stathe
Rising Star

Exactly my connection is slow and troublesome anyway, but now I cant reply to the raise a ticket thing, because the portal hardly functions and that wont work

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 992 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 135 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 100 kbps
If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.
If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.
Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

Be3G
Grafter

Please note that I've removed the two replies regarding stathe's connection speed in favour of the thread here.
stathe
Rising Star

Portal mostly still inoperable for me. but this works
Loombucket
Grafter

This is something I've been noticing for some while.  The Plusnet portal pages are amongst the slowest commercial on the 'net to load and I'm glad it is being raised on this forum.
Plusnet, does it not occur to you that slow portal loading speed is about the worst advertisement you could have for your services?
glloyd
Rising Star

This has been said many times but it seems to fall on deaf ears. How can you hope promote PlusNet when they can't even get their own portal to run at a half decent speed?
Lurker
Grafter

Microsoft have had some of the slowest performing websites and portals for years, yet their products still seem to sell in sufficient numbers.
/observation.
Loombucket
Grafter

Yup, but who ever bought a Microsoft product by choice?  Tongue
mal0z
Grafter

Is that because MS servers are slower than others such as Apache ?
But  PN use Apache/php  and other Open source software ?
But yes I agree - having a slow web site is a poor advert for PN - it's baffling why it should be allowed to stay this way ?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

How slow are we talking here?  I've never really noticed a problem internally, or externally!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Kelly,
Look at the first few posts with times