cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow E mail.

grassroots2012

Slow E mail.

I have an internittent problem with web mail. Some times it is very fast and others extremely slow. Signing on, opening e mails, deleting e mails and moving e mails can take as long as 30 seconds. I have phoned umpteen times but on most occasions have given up after holding for 45 minutes. On the two occasions I have spoken to someone I have had no joy. Clearing the cache and deleting e mails have had no effect. I even wrote a snail mail to Lisa Hardie, Head of Customer Service on 7 December 2015 and am still waiting on a reply. Plusnet's customer service is appalling. I still have 12 months of my contract and desperatley want out. Can anyone help me with this SLOW problem? I am not using wi fi.
13 REPLIES 13
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Slow E mail.

Hi there...
Fist of all it may be better to move this topic to the dedicated Email section  of the Forums.
A few questions:

• Are you using Plus Net's own web mail or an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird?
    Do you know the total size of  the emails occupying your in and out boxes?
    Are you trying to move/ download / recieve send large file attachments?
    Are you using POP3 or IMAP?
    Have you checked the connection settings here http://portal.plus.net/support/email/setup/?
    Are you using the default supplied Plus net email address ? (postmaster@username.plus.com)
    Do you have any other email addresses you have set up via PN?
    What is your conenction type and speed?
    What else is your computer doing while you are dealing with email?
    What anti virus progarmmes do you have running on your computer?

Answers to all the above may give someone an idea of what is happening. But I have to say it sounds like something you have to change on your machine rather than a problem with PN.
Persoanlly I have found the much maligned Plus Net  on line chat service very good indeed and also phone calls are now being answerd  much faster . My last call to tech suport was answered in less than 15 seconds despit ebeing told there was a queue of up to 15 minutes.
Good luck !
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

I have experienced similar issues. In my case the problem is definitely using Plusnet's Webmail platform, accessed from the Member's page from either IE, Firefox or Chrome browsers. The problem is intermitttent, sometimes access and switching from Inbox to Trash, deleting messages, etc., seems to take forever. I have reported it before on the Email section of the forum  (8/12/15 - but I don't know how to attach a link to this post)  Embarrassed
It is usually worse using Roundcube rather than Squirrelmail.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I believe it has been around for some time  Cheesy and its on the WE ARE GETTING THERE list from PN to sort out .
I have same problem but gave up waiting for a fix 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I have notice for last couple of months that the email is really crawling to load after logging-in to my email account.
I thought it might be my line, but it seems that a lot of people are having a similar issues with the Webmail.
I wonder why PN are very quiet about this issue?
grassroots2012

Thanks for your reply. A lot of what you suggest I have done and checked but as you now see I am not alone.
You are very lucky you have had quick answers to your phone calls.
grassroots2012

I am unsure how to move it to email. I would like to do so if anyone can help me?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

which operating system is on your computer
grassroots2012

Windows 7 64 bit
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@old jim , even you must admit PN web mail is woe full  Cry
grassroots2012

I wrote to link:csa removed, Head of Customer Service by recorded delivery. I rcivd the foloowing reply, but not from Ms hardie.
My interpretation of this reply is that they know it is awful but do not give a toss about their customers.

links:csa removed - Complaints Advisor
4:25pm, Monday 15 Feb 2016
Dear Mr Martin,
Thank you for getting in touch by letter regarding the email service that we offer.
I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving us.
Unfortunately we are not in a position to agree to waive the contract on your terms, as already determined and agreed by you the service that you subscribe to are working as they should be.
Your contract and subscriptions are for Broadband supply to the property (which has been confirmed by you that is working as it should be) and a phone service to make and receive calls at your property billed by Plusnet.
I appreciate you are not happy at the Free Webmail service that we offer. I would advise that the Webmail service is an Optional service that you can choose to use or not to use. It is not part of the agreement that you undertook.
I note from the account that various attempts to diagnose the service have not been as fruitful as one would have hoped for. This it seems is simply down to the server power and space that we offer for the basic webmail service.
I am sorry to say that at this time we are not looking to improve this service, if it is not able to be used for your needs. Then I would recommend that you look into a more dedicated Freemail provider such as Gmail or Hotmail as they have dedicated servers for this reason that may be better suited for your needs.
Although this is probably not the response you were expecting, I'm certain you can appreciate that it is the only response we're in a position to currently provide you with. I believe this issue has been answered as best as presently possible. This complaint ticket will close automatically after 14 days of inactivity. Please don't hesitate to get back in contact if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
link:csa name removed
adie:red removed csa name as per link:rules.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I am sorry to say that at this time we are not looking to improve this service, if it is not able to be used for your needs. Then I would recommend that you look into a more dedicated Freemail provider such as Gmail or Hotmail as they have dedicated servers for this reason that may be better suited for your needs.
So PN admit we should not use PN web mail , and use Gmail , Hotmail ??  so it wont be long before they say Dont ring our Phone number Ring TT for help  Crazy it will show less call wait times .
Or if my fibre has a problem i have to ring direct to BT , not PN        FFS !!!!!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

i'm surprised that anyone still actually uses an ISPs email at all with the way that customers tend to move providers these days.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
karjala
Dabbler

An unsurprising reply, albeit semi-literate.