Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I re-contract? On reflection - no

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Should I re-contract? On reflection - no

On Tuesday I had a call from Plusnet, offering a discount of £2/month if I re-contracted for 12 months. I explained that I'd need notice of that question, so the agent said I'd get a call in two day's time.

Now this got me thinking. I haven't had a phone or broadband fault I've needed to report for ten years, so maybe I'm due for one! And when it happens – what then? I've raised the occasional query in the past, but they were all before the demise of the ticket system.

Today I was thinking about all the companies and organisations I have to deal with, from local government and libraries, through to finance, legal, insurance, energy, tax, TV licensing etc etc. Almost without exception, I can report a problem or raise a query via email or web form. But my ISP? NO! Ironic, eh?

The main attractions of Plusnet when I joined in 2008 were its reputation and the ticket system. Sadly, the latter has gone and the former is going down the pan. Chat appears to be available on an irregular basis, often with long queues, and waiting time on the phone lines is just ridiculous – an hour or more not uncommon. On this forum we're constantly promised 'jam tomorrow', but tomorrow never comes.

When the agent called this afternoon, I explained all the above, and turned down the offer. I said I'll stay with Plusnet for the time being, but if there is an unacceptable delay in reporting a fault or raising a query – that's it – I'm off. He seemed quite sanguine about it, and made very little effort to persuade me – I guess he'd heard it all many times.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
4 REPLIES 4
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Should I re-contract? On reflection - no

This is the reason im not going to re contract

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Sad but true.  I joined in 2006 when Plusnet was young, keen, innovative, responsive - now it is just a shadow of its former self and going downhill rapidly.  I've been out of contract for some years now, but I need to make some changes to my service - like moving my broadband to my main No. and dropping my second line - but the horror stories of PN's ineptitude at organising Openreach to perform this straightforward task make me pause to think.  It will probably be simpler to swap suppliers AND save money in the process.

Time for senior management to face up to the problems and start communicating their plans to resolve them.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Time for senior management to face up to the problems and start communicating their plans to resolve them   ?Huh

The only thing they are interested in ,, to give away free BB with cash back to increase numbers .

They have no IDEA how to fix what they have broken Shocked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Today I was thinking about all the companies and organisations I have to deal with, from local government and libraries, through to finance, legal, insurance, energy, tax, TV licensing etc etc. Almost without exception, I can report a problem or raise a query via email or web form. But my ISP? NO! Ironic, eh?

FWIW, tickets can be raised using faults.plus.net if you've got an issue with your broadband. There's also a path for phone issues too. These both open up correspondences with ourselves.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet