Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoddy practice by PN!

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Shoddy practice by PN!

I find it very shoddy practice that when I get a 12 month deal offer, that BEFORE I have even had a chance to get the benefit of the offer that the cost rises by £1/month. (deal offered of 31/10, increase notified on 4/11)  Crazy
I have raised a complaint in reference to this shoddy dealing.  Angry
If I don't get a suitable resolution then we will see what trading standards and the ombudsman have to say about this.
13 REPLIES 13
James
Grafter

Re: Shoddy practice by PN!

Hi HB,
I thought I should probably clarify that we made Ofcom aware of our intent to increase our line rental by a small amount before we actually made the price increase.
With regards to this happening just after you were offered a 12 month deal, I'm afraid the timing is merely unfortunate, but if you were to call our Customer Options team again, they may be able to modify the offer based on the changes to our pricing.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

There must be a few people who fall into this bracket.
I was offered one price and like hairy biker found the price had gone up by £1 even before I got the service.
If you look at my post regarding suggested improvements you will see why I am reluctant to phone customer services.
There seems to be no link between some departments of PN otherwise issues like this could be resolved via a ticket.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@HB There is nothing wrong with the price increase, Its happening everywhere all of the time, I have lost count how much you keep saying you wana mac to then be offered a better deal to keep your custom. However keep this up and they will soon get fed up and let you go, Why not leave now if you cant afford it? I did.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Quote from: Steve
I have lost count how much you keep saying you wana mac to then be offered a better deal to keep your custom

Well you can't count very high then. I have asked for it TWICE only, both this year.
I don't see why I have to KEEP phoning CS when the deal I was offered 9 DAYS ago was changed before it even started, but maybe it is time to move this time if this is they way we are going to be dealt with as existing customers.
Anyway I have raised a complaint and will see what happens to that, probably nowt (as you Yorkshire people say)
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Quote from: Jameseh
I thought I should probably clarify that we made Ofcom aware of our intent to increase our line rental by a small amount before we actually made the price increase.

I was not complaining about you raising you line rental cost, but of the fact that I was offered and accepted a 12 MONTH contract at a given cost only to have it rise 4 days later. That is what my complaint to Ofcom would be about not about he line rental per say.
matt_2k34
Grafter

The terms and conditions of your service state that PN reserve the right to modify the pricing with 30 days notice (as most companies do..)
So whats the problem???  Shocked
Regards
Mav
Fixes: 514

I would assume that PN didn't just make the decision to increase the price between the OP signing up and the 4th?
If it was me I would wonder why I couldn't have been told in advance that the price was increasing. But, as Matt_2k34 said, they have adhered to their T&C.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

James
Grafter

Quote from: Hairy
Anyway I have raised a complaint and will see what happens to that, probably nowt (as you Yorkshire people say)

I'm not from Yorkshire, but I do manage our Complaints Staff.
I have absolutely no issue in your renegotiating the terms of the 12 month extension that you signed up for before the change in price.  I would suggest you do as I previously suggested and call our Customer Options Team again to see if there is any leeway on your offer.
Can I have a ticket number please?
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Complaint # 48553963 it includes the original question # in which I was offered 12 months at a FIXED price on 31/10.
James
Grafter

Thanks, I've replied.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Thank you, I just wish I hadn't had to take it so far to get what I was offered originally.
I think in future if you offer something at a fixed price for a set period then it would be best to make sure that the offer is upheld rather than having to complain to get what was offered.
Now closed.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I agree with HB on this ..... The "Offer" and the "Acceptance" , whether verbal or written, constitute a contract between two parties..... (as I understand the law..) ... and if a price increase is in the near future, this MUST be revealed and discussed before the "acceptance" by the customer, ....
There is no difference between "goods" and "services"  (as I see it )..... if you went into Currys and saw a washing machine on offer at £ XXX  and "accepted" the "offer".... you would not expect to have to pay another £yy ON TOP, WHEN IT IS DELIVEREDm (FREE)  4 DAYS LATER.... because the "offer" had changed in between time.
PN  MAY have followed the T&C.... but it does look a bit shoddy and not a "best practice" way to treat existing (or future) customers.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

I feel that it is the same as the electricity company’s, they offer a fixed tariff for a fixed time, if the price subsequently increases then you (the customer having taken said tariff) are not charged any more.
As I said before this has now been sorted out.