cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shockingly bad service!

46and2
Dabbler

Shockingly bad service!

Let me start this post with a simple statement - don't use Plusnet if you expect a smooth and effective service.
The overall experience for me has been very poor, and has actually cost me money outside what I have paid them.
I joined on the 18th of May.  I used their online applcation service, with guidance from their online help.  So far so good.  However, when I looked at my account later it became apparent there were issues.  The order didn't have any broadband, just the phone.  I had to ring them to find out there had been a glitch and they would have to place the order again.  I should have stopped then, but gave them the benefit of the doubt.
The real problem has arisen today, as despite being told my phone was fine on the 24th, my broadband wasn't activated.  When I rang them to enquire as to why, I was told the broadband order hadn't been placed.  They would have to place it again, and that I now need to wait another week.  I mean, isn't this what they do, broadband?  Why on earth should it be so difficult for them to place an order on their own system?  Beggars belief.
The main issue is that now I have had to buy an internet dongle, as I rely on my computer for work, I cannot work without it.  So, thank you PlusNet for being so useless at what is your core service, you have made my life more difficult and cost me money.  Bravo.
13 REPLIES 13
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Shockingly bad service!

perhaps you were misinformed but the standard is
A) the phone line is supplied, then the order for Broadband, it is possible to do a simultaneous supply but can cause problems
B) the broadband order takes 5 to seven working days - and you had a Bank holiday in between
so 18th 3 working days you had your phone
24th the working days take you to the 3r June

PS I am not a PN employee
46and2
Dabbler

The problem is that they have only just placed the broadband order.  In fact I have just had the email saying they have placed it!  This is the third time the order has been placed since the 18th - and I have to wait another week from today for activation. 
So that takes me until the 8th at the earliest.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

This is the third time the order has been placed since the 18th -

Hi 46and2,
That isn't strictly the case but I don't deny that there has been a hiccup here.
Here's a timeline of events as we see them:

• You signed up on 18/5/11

• Phone was ordered on 19/5/11

• This completed on 24/5/11

• at this point our systems should have automatically placed the broadband order, due to system issue.

• The nature of the problem meant that no one was flagged up to check your account and rectify this until today

It seems that this issue only affected your order, for which we apologise.
The broadband order should complete within 7 days and I will ensure that once you are connected that a goodwill gesture is forthcoming.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

46and2 Your not the only one having problems mate.
I signed up for phone and broadband some 6 weeks ago and a month back, my broadband was migrated to PlusNet, except it wasen't... atleast not according to a computer.. even though I am and was connected to PlusNet broadband!!
I am still waiting for the phone order to even be placed, because for some very weird reason PlusNet are unable to migrate both at the same time, even though all other isp's do... anyway, apparantly until my broadband is cancelled, and migrated again from BT to PlusNet, even though I am already with PlusNet, and until that is done the phone order can't be put through... this is getting so confusing!
Anyway, I have been promised every day that 'tomorrow it will be sorted' but tomorrow never comes!!
Anyway, 46and2 you can take comfort in knowing your not alone!!  Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Morning Devonian,
Anyway, I have been promised every day that 'tomorrow it will be sorted' but tomorrow never comes!!

I can't apologise enough, we're not deliberately going out of our way to provide you with false information here. I would not like to set any further expectations at this stage but would like to reassure you that we see any broken promises as unacceptable.
I'm still working hard to get this resolved for you. I've noticed today that a new migration order is in place and I'm chasing our suppliers now to discuss how soon this can complete.
After which I'll be keeping the pressure on to get your phone service transferred over as quickly as humanly possible.
I'll be in touch with further updates as the day progresses.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI, I've just checked your order and everything is still looking good for completion on the 8th More details are on 43154679.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
46and2
Dabbler

Well, here we are on my promised activation date, and do I have broadband?
No, I don't  The little 'internet' light on the router is off.  No internet connection.
I have reset the router, follwed the instructions provided and nothing does the trick.  I really am at my wits end with this fiasco.  I wouldn't mind, but I had an email AND a phonecall telling me it had been activated.  I'm note sure what to do now, I can't rely on Plusnet to sort it as they are clearly not up to it.
By the way Adam, I know you're not responsible for all this, and I appreciate your efforts.  You mentioned a 'goodwill gesture'.  Can we make that gesture a broadband connection please?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to hear that this is still not sorted. I've checked and the orders *have* completed, however we're having some issues activating your account on our side correctly. I've got one of the team leaders for our provisioning department taking a look now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

OK, it's all activated from our side. Can you try connecting again and let us know how you get on?
You may want to follow the setup guide here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/585_setup_reset.shtml
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
46and2
Dabbler

At last!  I have internet!  Woo hoo!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to see that this got sorted. Thanks to Chris too for overcoming the unexpected issue which we encountered today.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
46and2
Dabbler

I just wanted to chek that my first bill will reflect the fact that I didn't have internet until yesterday afternoon - if you expect me to pay for a full month, you have another thing coming...
Chris
Legend

I think Adam mentioned a gesture of goodwill earlier, I'll drop a ticket on your account with the details of that shortly.