cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service from Plusnet - been without phone and broadband since January!

chint4n89
Dabbler

Shocking service from Plusnet - been without phone and broadband since January!

Absolutely ridiculous!!

Called in mid-January because called ID was acting up.

Somehow, that meant BT chose to dig up everything around my house, forgot to attach my line to it and told Plusnet everything was fixed for them to believe it. A rep did call to ask me if all was fixed so I appreciated that I got a chance to say "No" - but that was a while ago too.

I am still without any sort of phone or broadband!!!

But guess what, No one has mentioned that I should get any money back for any services that I have not received in this time, nor is anyone concerned about the inconvenience this causes to my work and home life. I have paid for separate mobile contracts for these months just to get some sort of internet to keep my life going.

My direct debits are still active and Plusnet are taking the money for the broadband.

I have paid for the line rental saver, so have already paid Plusnet for the phone line in advance for the full year!

With all due respect - as much as I appreciate you apologising, apologies do not fix the issues.

The fact that you cannot push BT to fix the fault is not my issue.

You have failed me as a customer and I am not getting what I signed up for, from Plusnet!

As mentioned in my last comment in the chain below, I am looking to cancel my contract and move to Virgin.

I have logged this with Citizens Advice already. 

Please just help me cancel my contract since you cannot provide me with a service or a solution that actually materialises.

I am tired of having to chase Plusnet or pick up the phone to either hear apologies or have difficult conversations.

I am expecting to be refunded everything I have paid for, since the 19th of January when I logged the fault below.

Here is the history of my "open question" so far:

Help Assistant Ask a question or view your answers
Your questions
Question #166597568 - Your Feedback< Back

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
2:12pm, Friday 19 Jan 2018
Dear Mr Trivedi,

Your fault has now been raised with our suppliers for further investigation. 

They have advised the estimated time for response is 20/01/18. 

Please note this is only a estimate and the fault could be resolved before this date, however we will continue to monitor for updates from them and if we are able to provide an update sooner than this we will do so.

**internal**

Fault Type:No Dial Tone
Test Results:Fail - Fault located in local network, FAULT - Battery Contact 
Fault Ref:TR0000008532112
Estimated Response Time: 20/01/18 23:59:59 
Contact Details:

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Email notification sent to: [Removed]]

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
2:13pm, Friday 19 Jan 2018
This Question is now on hold until Sunday 21st January at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:05am, Sunday 21 Jan 2018
Question [ 166597568 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

10:23am, Tuesday 23 Jan 2018
Mr Trivedi wanted an update on fault, the phone fault failed validation, raised as a fault handover .

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

9:21am, Wednesday 24 Jan 2018
informed of latest fault details

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

4:46pm, Sunday 28 Jan 2018
**INTERNAL**

Testing. Results to follow shortly.

[CSA Removed]- CSC Analyst
4:47pm, Sunday 28 Jan 2018
Dear Mr Trivedi,

No update or new ERT

E chat required.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

5:06pm, Sunday 28 Jan 2018
Dear Mr Trivedi,

E chat:

This fault is with contractors for Dig work, required by dates is provided as 30/01/2018. Please review the tracker on 1/2/18 for further updates.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

5:07pm, Sunday 28 Jan 2018
Dear Mr Trivedi,

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

5:08pm, Sunday 28 Jan 2018
Dear Mr Trivedi,

Holding for update

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 31st January at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

7:06am, Wednesday 31 Jan 2018
Question [ 166597568 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

2:36pm, Friday 2 Feb 2018
[internal]

no updates on wlr3: 
Advised CP that This fault is with contractors for Dig work, require by dates is provided as 30/01/2018. Please review the tracker on 1/2/18 for further updates.

echatting: 

GoToAssist (14:29:18)
Thanks for contacting Openreach via eChat. Please note we record all our chats for quality and coaching purposes.

OR (14:29:34)
Good Afternoon! Thank you for contacting openreach.Please wait for 2 minutes Whilst I validate the Faultr for you

The details are correct please bear with me for 1 minute while I go through the information

Customer (14:32:12)
no problem. thankyou

OR (14:32:26)
I could see that the job is with the contractor for duct work and they have provided RBD for 15/02.

OR (14:32:44)
Could you please review on 16/02 for update?

contractors scheduled for 15/02/18

2:40pm, Friday 2 Feb 2018
Dear Mr Trivedi,

I tried to call today but there was no answer.

As per my message,

The issue has been identified but it is taking longer than expected to resolve the issue. We are due an update 15/02/18. We will advise you of the update as soon as we have it which then lead to the resolution of your fault.

I am sorry for the ongoing inconvenience.

This Question is now on hold until Friday 9th February at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet : The issue has been identified but it is taking longer than expected to resolve the issue. We are due an update 15/02/18. We will advise you of the update as soon as we have it which then lead to the resolution of your fault.]

7:06am, Friday 9 Feb 2018

7:46pm, Sunday 11 Feb 2018
[internal]
Testing. Results to follow shortly.

7:47pm, Sunday 11 Feb 2018
Placing ticket on hold till update

[CSA Removed]- CSC Analyst
7:47pm, Sunday 11 Feb 2018
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 15th February at 7:00am.

7:06am, Thursday 15 Feb 2018

12:37pm, Wednesday 21 Feb 2018
[internal]

Fault ref: TR0000008532112

WLR notes:

15/02/2018 - Clear Message: External Damage (Non-Service affecting)

No connection in RADIUS

Customer has advised that phone is still not working - This will need an e-chat for an update.

Kind regards,
[CSA Removed]

2:07pm, Wednesday 21 Feb 2018
[internal]

* PSTN SMC e-chat *

(13:42:15)
I am just finding the engineer notes from 15/02/2018. Allow me 2 minutes.

(13:46:09)
Thanks for being with me. So the fault was with the Dig team. The Engineer notes on 12/02/2018 are :- TRIAGE TAILS ENGINEER ATTENDED SITE STILL NO ACCESS. WILL WAIT UNTIL 15/02/18 AM IF NO REPLY WILL CLOSE NO ACCESS. The Engineer notes on 15/02/2018 are as follows :- STILL NO RESPONSE FROM CUST FOLLOWING A108 CARDS LEFT AND NO RESPONSE FROM CONTACT NUMBER. ACCESS REQUIRED FOR FURTHER TESTING ON LEAD-IN.

(13:47:07)
So A KSU was sent at your end on 15/02/2018.

(13:47:30)
As there was no response hence it got timed out.

(13:48:04)
But now on this number a PAT fault has been raised on 16/02/2018.

(13:54:34)
Thanks for being with me. I have checked the fault and found that the job is currently with the Direct labour contractor for Duct work.

(14:00:37)
I tried calling the controls but could not get through them so I have sent an email to the manager of that queue so that he can confirm me with the correct RBD on this PAT Fault.

(14:01:03)
Please check back for further update on 23/02/2018 .

Customer (14:04:48)
Ah, that's all you have?

(14:04:59)
there is an underground cable breakdown.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

2:12pm, Wednesday 21 Feb 2018
Dear Mr Trivedi,

Thank you for your time on the phone today.

Our suppliers have confirmed that duct work is still being carried out to repair an underground cable breakdown.

We will continue to monitor the progress of this work and will then contact you to confirm if your services have been restored or if further work is required.

This Question is now on hold until Friday 23rd February at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: Our suppliers have confirmed that duct work is still being carried out to repair an underground cable breakdown. We will continue to monitor the progress of this work and will then contact you to confirm if your services have been restored or if further work is required.]

7:07am, Friday 23 Feb 2018

Your Response
2:19pm, Saturday 24 Feb 2018
It has now been over a month - what was a complaint about caller ID not working has now resulted in me not having any sort of internet access or a phone line for over a month! This is absolutely ridiculous and absurd.

Please can you expedite your request with BT Open reach and have the issue fixed, my internet and phone working by COB Monday the 26th of Feb.

Otherwise, I am raising this now with the Ombudsman Services with a view to cancel my overall contract with Plusnet with a view to get a refund for the remainder of my contract and compensation for the hassle caused so far (which, by the way, no one has mentioned so far). I have spent so much money to get alternative slow internet! No one even bothered to offer me an alternative, in a day and age where no one can live without the internet!

With all due respect, the communication from Plusnet to BT has been absolutely dreadful. I really do not feel at all valued as a customer of Plusnet. I am proactively recommending friends and family not to sign up to Plusnet because of this!

Please fix it by COB Monday the 26th as above!

5:10pm, Monday 26 Feb 2018
Dear Mr Trivedi,

Thank you for getting back to us, I tried to call you today on the mobile to discuss the issue but there was no answer.

Firstly please let me apologise for the issues with your service currently and for any inconvenience this may be causing.

I have raised this back to our suppliers for further investigation advising that this is service impacting with the line test detecting an external fault. An Openreach engineer will be assigned within 24-48 working hours to investigate. We will continue to monitor for updates and we'll be in touch as soon as we have more information available.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

**INTERNAL**

Fault Type: NDT
Test Results: FAULT - Battery Contact
Fault Ref: TR0000008695087

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Email notification sent to: [Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: Apologies for the ongoing issues. The fault has now been raised back with Openreach for further investigation. They have advised the estimated response time will be by Wednesday, the 28th of February 2018.]

Your Response
1:18pm, Thursday 1 Mar 2018
Firstly, thank you for your sympathy but that does not resolve my issue at all. I am still without a phone line and broadband. 
Secondly, I have had no one work on this on Wednesday the 28th as I was told. Now the weather is getting worse.

Apparently, BT sent an engineer to install the line in the duct on Tuesday.
The duct has not been installed!!!!!! The engineer just went back to his other jobs and have no contact from ANYONE after that.

All this requires is a damn wire without the duct to get my phone and broadband started! This is getting out of hand!
This is NOT a difficult thing, to get me what I am STILL paying Plusnet for. This is such shocking service!!
There is a simple need to connect the house to the box they have already fixed underground about 2 weeks ago now!
It is less than 10 yards away!

This is after I complained for a CALLER ID issue!

With all due respect, how you deal with BT is not my problem. I have received a lack of services I am paying for and am dealing with a firm who cannot push to give their customer what the customer signed up for in the contract.

You have left me without service for over a month with no solution in sight - or at least one that actually happens when you say it will happen.
I have also raised this several times with you at this point.
Therefore, you have left me no choice.
I have logged this with Citizens Advice and am drafting a letter to the head office today.
I am cancelling my contract with Plusnet, and will actively discourage my friends and family from ever signing up to Plusnet.

As I will still need the services until my Virgin lines get up and running, please raise with BT to fix, YET AGAIN!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

18 REPLIES 18
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Shocking service from Plusnet - been without phone and broadband since January!

Welcome to the community forums @chint4n89 I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've been experiencing with your phone and broadband recently.

While I do sincerely apologise for the problems you've been experiencing and I appreciate apologies don't fix faults, however we have been pushing our suppliers for updates and resolution on this matter.

I understand this is an incredibly frustrating situation, however I'm afraid as external work is required by our suppliers, this is not something that the ombudsman can speed up, however we have been chasing this up shortly after review dates our suppliers have been providing so we stay on top of this matter.

We will continue to chase this matter with our suppliers for a resolution and once the fault is resolved, we will be more than happy to issue a refund for the affected services from the time the fault was reported up to the time the fault is resolved.

Thank you for your continued patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chint4n89
Dabbler

Re: Shocking service from Plusnet - been without phone and broadband since January!

Thanks for the response HarryB.

Have to say - your response did not fill me with confidence at all and to be fair, I have not read the whole message in detail as I was just waiting for some to actually do something.

Now happy to say - line has been fixed!

It was fixed on the 7th and all seems to be working fine still.

Thank you to whoever finally raised this with BT properly.

The work they did on Tuesday the 6th was to connect my house to their box - finally!

Then an engineer came over on Wednesday for about 30 minutes, joined it with a wire - and voila!

You can go ahead and close this topic.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you had a refund for the time you were without service AND compensation for the inconvenience and extra expenses incurred while you line wasn't working?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chint4n89
Dabbler

Hi jelv

Unfortunately not. No one at Plusnet got in touch with me to offer a refund after this was sorted.

Even for the time I had no service at all, let alone for the other expenses I paid and the inconvenience this has caused.

2 days ago (Monday the 12th) I started a chat with an online agent and asked for a refund - hence why I said this post can be closed. The agent was only willing to offer me the refund for the broadband for the time it was not working, not the phone line. This is a measly £14.

I then refuted and said I want refund for my line rental too as I had no phone either, so the total has been bumped up to £29.75. This still does not cover my broadband and phone (I calculated just under £40 for the days my service was not working, that I have already paid to Plusnet).

I have asked for a breakdown but none has been provided so far. I am incredibly unhappy with this offer of a refund and feel I have to work so hard with Plusnet just to get what I paid for originally.

I spent an additional £24 a month (so £48 for 2 months in total) to get mobile internet (with 6GB caps) while I had no internet.

I have also moved about so much between work and home that I have lost count of the extra time I spent doing journeys that I did not have to and the amount spent on fuel for it. My work round trip is 70 miles a day - about an hour and a half each way.

Needless to say - would not be choosing Plusnet again and am currently in conversation with the Citizens Advice who have notified Trading standards on the poor service (customer and otherwise) I have received.

They quote:

"Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 a service must be provided using reasonable skill and care"

I am about to write to Plusnet to raise a dispute letting an independent adjudicator decide if "reasonable skill and care" were used by Plusnet. I do not believe reasonable care and skill were used, but obviously Plusnet will not share with me their comms with BT, so I am unsure how I can prove this.

I feel Plusnet have left me no option but to write to the head office raising a dispute.

Wish I could cancel my contract right now! Honestly feel like there is no value for a customer at Plusnet.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

I wonder if your best course might be the small claims court?

Don't forget your contract is with Plusnet - if they choose to use a third party to supply the service they sell to you that is their responsibility - if they blame "their suppliers" as the reason for the poor service you received that is an admission that Plusnet failed in their contractual relationship with you.

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I wonder if your best course might be the small claims court?

For what exactly?

jelv
Seasoned Hero

@notmyname

Compensation for extra expenses incurred as a result of Plusnet and their suppliers incompetence.

@chint4n89 wrote: 

I spent an additional £24 a month (so £48 for 2 months in total) to get mobile internet (with 6GB caps) while I had no internet.

I have also moved about so much between work and home that I have lost count of the extra time I spent doing journeys that I did not have to and the amount spent on fuel for it. My work round trip is 70 miles a day - about an hour and a half each way.

20p per mile would be a the absolute bottom end of mileage payments so that's £14 per extra trip.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

This experience needs to be reported to Ofcom as well, with the covering sentiment that: Given PlusNET is a member of the BT group they are not likely to report BTOR for this terrible shoddy service. There can be no improvement whilst retail ISPs are inhibited from reporting failure to deliver repairs in a reasonable time frame.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chint4n89
Dabbler

First of all, thanks to all of you. I really felt I would get berated here at Plusnet forums (being Plusnet).

I have reported to Trading Standards already and yes it does feel like an excuse to essentially say "BT are not doing their job so we cannot do anything more to provide you a service we agreed to provide you".

I do feel my contract is with Plusnet, so it is Plusnet's obligation to provide me the service they offered at the offset, with the agreed costs at the offset.

My view is that they have failed to provide the services they agreed at the offset even though I kept paying the costs I agreed to pay at the offset, so I am claiming they have failed to keep up their end of the contractual agreement. For this reason I feel aggrieved.

I will go back to Trading Standards again as they did say if I do not get a satisfactory response from Plusnet, they will update the case with more notes and provide me with more rights information.

I am looking into the small claims court right now, having never used it before.

PS: Plusnet have upgraded their refund (as of Thursday 15th march) from the measly £14 to £39.92, of which they say £36.74 has been processed/actioned. The remaining £3.18 will be sent in the next 5 to 10 working days.

Cannot believe I have had to fight so much just to get the money back for the services they have not provided - let alone any compensation for the other things!!

chint4n89
Dabbler

Think I finally figured out why I had not services for almost 2 months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41940505

Extracts of that article...

"Householders who receive poor service from their telecoms provider are to get automatic compensation, the regulator Ofcom has announced.

From 2019 they will get £8 a day if a fault is not fixed, paid as a refund through their bill.

This is less than the £10 that was proposed when Ofcom began its consultation earlier this year.

Providers will also have to pay £5 a day if their broadband or landline is not working on the day it was promised.

If an engineer misses an appointment, they will have to give £25 in compensation.

Ofcom has estimated as many as 2.6 million people could benefit from the new rules.

£142m pay-outs

The agreement covers consumers who have contracts with BT, Sky, Talk Talk, Virgin Media and Zen Internet - which make up around 90% of telecoms customers in the UK.

Plusnet and EE are expected to join the scheme at a later date."

Essentially - so they do not have to pay out in the future where ofcom can make them, they took the opportunity now to "future proof" my line - as in future proof their pay out...

Keeps on shocking me...

chint4n89
Dabbler

Update - Plusnet have (yet again) apologised and then subsequently confirmed....

"Unfortunately we do not provide compensation in regards to expenses that has occurred to you due to having no internet services."

So, does not matter whether Plusnet have acted appropriately or not to fix an issue, Plusnet will not entertain a claim from their customers even if the customers have had no service as agreed and have incurred expenses because of expectations agreed with Plusnet.

Hmm, why do I think that is not fair?

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Take them to the small claims court!

Have a read of this: https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/No-broadband-due-to-negligence/m-p/1387779

chint4n89
Dabbler

Thank you - I am looking into this right now!

chint4n89
Dabbler

Just to provide an update:

Went to the ombudsman with evidence -> they told Plusnet to "address" the complaint -> Plusnet opened another question and offered £150 as a goodwill gesture, said my full claim amount is for data charges and they do not buy it (i.e. not looked at the cost breakdown I provided to them which stated it is not just data charges I am claiming) -> then suggested I go to ombudsman again to resolve and ended the question.

I refused as going to the ombudsman in the first place wasted another month with no resolution...

I then put in a case at the small claims court - which Plusnet have rejected in full and again stated using a mediation service.

I have told the small claims court that I do not wish to do this and would like a judge to make the decision.

Awaiting a reply.

What a joke Plusnet...