cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service from Plusnet - been without phone and broadband since January!

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Shocking service from Plusnet - been without phone and broadband since January!

Hi @chint4n89 

I've just read all this and looked at your account and would like to start by offering my sincerest apologies for whats happened and how it was handled. I understand from your post here that you've lodged a case with the Small Claims Court and that of course is your right as a consumer.

I have however taken this to the Business Manager for the Complaints department for him to review this decision personally and I believe we've already tried to contact you today to let you know that this is what we're doing.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
chint4n89
Dabbler

Re: Shocking service from Plusnet - been without phone and broadband since January!

Thank you @JonoH. I did receive a call and a voicemail yesterday.

While I thank you for taking an interest and escalating this now, with all due respect to you, I am not looking for a resolution with Plusnet anymore, especially with the same people who have dealt with my claim quite incompetently over the past 5 months.

I see a new question has been opened by the same "Customer Relations Advisor" who misquoted and mistreated my claim and provided me a deadlock letter (and "strongly advised" me to go to the Ombudsman to resolve this dispute) without understanding my claim, after my complaint to the Ombudsman.

Also, when I pointed out that the claim has been mistreated/misunderstood, that same "Customer Relations Advisor" treated that comment as me "not being happy with the wording" on the deadlock letter and closed the matter.

All I have come across is total unprofessional behaviour/responses and a lack of fair treatment of a paying customer... with no categorical apology about a lack of professional behaviour/treatment shown towards a paying customer by Plusnet and/or their representatives.

I am due a response from the court by the end of the week - which is the course of action I plan to pursue.

Thanks again and best regards.

chint4n89
Dabbler

Further update for anyone else going through the same issues with Plusnet:

Plusnet have upped their "offer" to £500 after "reviewing my account" and "finding it appropriate" to do so but will not provide an explanation to what that means.

I wrote back and asked for clarification on what happened and asked them to call it what it is - re-imbursement  for my expenses and the court fees with about £130 in compensation - they refused, as usual and stated £500 compensation to close the claim, take it or leave it.

They refuse to fill in the court form after numerous attempts from me to further the case and are now using threatening language towards me by saying £500 still stands, we reject your request of clarifications and if we go to court, you will be liable to expenses if the court finds this in our favour - so let us know what you want to do.

What a joke Plusnet...

@jelv is this similar to what you had?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The link I posted was not of my own experience!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)