cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking Service

sarahr860

Shocking Service

I have never contacted plusnet regarding my payment till last month when I asked for a grace period. Thinking that I would be paid on 25th March. Received no money and been told I'll definitely be paid by next Wednesday.

Called to advise of this to be told tough you have one grace period and I can't help.I explained that I really can't afford to lose service as the Internet is required for my job. Once again I was told tough, I spoke to someone called [CSA Removed] and all I will say is his surname right as he was a you no what.

I am not waiting on a call back from a manager.

I have never known a company so unsupportive of customer in finical difficulties. What a joke

Moderators Note

CSA name removed and transferred to where Plusnet can see it, in accordance with Forum rules

9 REPLIES 9
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Shocking Service

@sarahr860 

"Called to advise of this to be told tough you have one grace period and I can't help"

Sorry to hear of anyone in this difficult situation but could I ask if you have had a grace period already?

sarahr860

Yes I had a grace period till 25th March thinking my wages would be paid but they wasn't and I've to wait till next
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

How many grace periods do you expect? I think it unreasonable to attack Plusnet and its staff for refusing to allow indefinite credit and followup checking that the payment(s) is eventually made. I'm sorry for anyone on hard times -- and more are on the way -- but with 1.4 million customers the staff can't offer bespoke service. They do their best but sad fact of life is that bills must be paid if any business is to survive.

sarahr860

I work for a major company and we offer 3 month and 6 month grace period for customers to pay. In 3 years of ms been with the company I've asked for help once.

I'm glad you obviously have no income issues and can pay every month. Just to let you know all my bills get paid and always have.

I have offered to make the payment so it not looked I've asked for it free of charge I just wanted a extension of the grace period.

I also expect payment support staff to be more understanding and supportive. We are currently facing a crisis with bills and for a major company to not want to support customers is beyond me.

I am aware you have your opinion about the situation so will leave it their 🙂
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your time on the phone @sarahr860

I'm really sorry for the financial hardship you have. We absolutely do appreciate the difficulties this can cause, especially when needing the internet to work from home and we try to do what we can to support.  

As discussed, my name's Anoush from the Social Media Team in the Sheffield office and I've picked up your post. I'm not a manager, but I'd like to take ownership of your complaint and see what I can do to help you.

For example, during COVID/lockdown, we could arrange what we call a payment holiday which moves your bill date forward by 3 months and means you'd pay us 3 months of bills in one go, which was exceptionally helpful for those furloughed. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks again for your time on the phone @sarahr860 it was good to speak with you.

I've dropped you an e-mail following our conversation you can view logged on your account Here.

If you have further issues or there's anything else you need help with, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@sarah860

Whilst one has sympathy and understating of your situation and though personally there is a solution for you, there is a bigger picture to be considered.

You say you work for a major company and infer that they have not paid your wages when expected … yet they allow their customers 3-6 months grace on paying what’s owed. That sounds like a company in financial crisis. They extend credit to their customers and then cannot pay their employees on time … so their staff then need to look for credit extensions elsewhere and so they cycle widens. Add to that they expect staff to pay for their own internet to do their work, rather than funding the service themselves. When I worked home-based my employer provided the service and paid it direct. Seems that yours expects its employees to cover their operational expenses?

So much of modern woe arises out of extended credit - there is much wisdom in the old adage “Neither a borrower nor a lender be. For loan oft loses both itself and friend”. If everyone paid what they owed when due, there would.be fewer difficulties all round. Seems that the real villains here are your company’s customers.

Hope that your personal and your company’s circumstances improve quickly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sarahr860

For your comment all I was say as I have been very ill I have had to wait for SSP as the wage I received was very minimal.

I do not understand what the reason on here feel the need to dive into personal detail but I wish I had enough money to keep my head above water but the current situation with bills make that impossible some months.

I've never asked for extended credit and never will I pay my way in life like many people do but sometimes we all hit hard times.

Like I raised with my MP yesterday people at the bottom of the pile are left to sink. I work hard and study to make my self better but still times can be hard.

All I can say is that these comments proof how the older generation presume that the younger generation are expecting everything for free and we don't we work as hard as you.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

That paints a rather different picture of difficult circumstances to your previous posts, which simply inferred that your employer was late in paying your wages.

I hope you are soon feeling much better.

I am very aware of employers who have extended credit to their customers and pay some of their suppliers in advance and then cannot (have not) paid their employees on time and or have put them onto minimal hours.  That has happened in my extended family.  All of that is a cashflow management issue, as otherwise the businesses are trading fairly well, but paying their staff comes at the bottom of their priority list.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.