cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharp practice or not?

Apprentice
Grafter

Sharp practice or not?

Why does a new contract for BB not follow on when the existing one finishes rather than start on the day it is accepted by both parties, in effect PN are terminating the existing contract early?
3 REPLIES 3
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Sharp practice or not?

Not quite sure where you are coming from ? I negotiated on a new discounted deal with Customer Options about 3 weeks before the end of my then 12 month deal -and the new deal commenced from the next monthly billing date ? Also, paying annual line rental in advance - the 12 months doesn't start til the previous 12 months has ended?Huh
Apprentice
Grafter

Hi,
It's now been explained to me that the new contract starts on the day it is negotiated and your account is changed and your usage reset to show this (as can be seen in the Member Centre) but the new contract's billing date follows on from the previous contract's billing date.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

So were you moving from a limited package to unlimited usage ? Still can't see why it matters ?Huh
The only change that I can think would be disadvantageous, is a downgrade in connection speed ?Huh