cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shameful Customer Service

vaarunmalik
Dabbler

Shameful Customer Service

I have just had a horrible experience with Plus net customer care and wanted to Share it with everyone here.

I have moved from Sky Broadband to PlusNet and have had my ADSL speed reduced from 5 mbps to 3 mbps. Finding it challenging I raised a case online on 4th May. Since no action was taken until today, I called customer care to see if I can leave. The agent was not only rude but told me that if I try taking legal help then people will laugh at me. He very "politely" kept the phone down on me after refusing to give a reference number for the call.

I am quite shocked that this is the level of service I have received from such a big company. It was a mistake going for PlusNet.

Will fight as long as I can. Otherwise will think that I did charity and make my peace.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Excessive white space removed.

19 REPLIES 19
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Shameful Customer Service

I'm very sorry for the poor experience you've had. I've looked over the contacts on your account and I've sent feedback on to the manager of the person you spoke to as that is not the standard of service we want to provide.

Looking at your line, there was a higher number of errors showing so our faults team have tried to made a change to improve the quality of the line and therefore help with the speeds you're seeing.

How are the speeds looking now?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
vaarunmalik
Dabbler

Thanks for escalating. I was pretty disappointed as I was expecting an award winning service and not someone making a joke of my issue.

I have just replied to the support case. There has been no difference in the last 48hrs.

I am really struggling as I had moved over my TV and Main Phone over IP / Internet in Jan. Now besides communication I am also struggling with entertainment as everything just keeps buffering. Moreover my Job involves supporting data networks for a large corporation and with slow internet at home, I am now struggling with out of office support which I normally have to do over the weekends.

Had Sky for a year and never and an issue for a single min. Thought all ADSL are same and took the plunge for the PlusNet deal. Sad

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Excessive white space removed

vaarunmalik
Dabbler

Its been 9 days and no resolution. Everyday the agent only says that it has been escalated and someone will get back to me.

It is clear that this is not going to get resolved and I have to wait 8 weeks to go to tribunal !

Regretting the moment I got suckered into going for the plusnet deal... Never Again.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 27.8 50.5
SNR Margin: 8.5 6.0
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 212 265
Speed: 888 5109

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2272 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 2272
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 2160
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 5

The mean time between errors on your line is very very very low. This is not going to be helping with the speeds you're seeing at all.

How is the phone line, is there any noise/crackling etc when you pick up the handset?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
vaarunmalik
Dabbler

There does not seem to be any noise.

Also I only connect the phone to the socket to test for noise. Besides that there are no instruments connected. Only the ADSL router. Though I have added a brand new micro filter yesterday to see if it makes a difference but no luck.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Our faults team will get this looked into but it's likely to need a engineer visit as we're seeing a very high amount of errors.

You don't have any devices near the router that could be causing interference do you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

MatthewWheeler wrote:You don't have any devices near the router that could be causing interference do you?

E.g.  DECT Phone base station;  PC; Laptop or even the router itself? 

I had  a case where a TG582 had a very 'noisy' power supply causing lots of problems.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Chris,

Seting aside the low MTBE the synch speed is right on target for 50dB attenuation.

@vaarunmalik,

This might imply that there is something causing interference.  Given your IT skills, you might care to look at monitoring the SNRM using router stats.  Links for down loading and setting up with a TG582n can be found below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

vaarunmalik
Dabbler

I had booked the Engineer visit on 16th but have not heard back yet.

Surprisingly I got an email on 17th saying the below

Estimated line speed 4.5Mbps to 9Mbps
Current line speed 20.9Mbps

On the same day the speed went slightly up to 4.5-4.6 Mbps which is still sad. But I was surprised what 20.9 Mbps current line speed meant ?

The connection was stable for the last 2 days but today again it went down to 3 Mbps. It has been raining all day and I am guessing there is a problem outside the boundary of my property but it is one of those things which will take a very motivated engineer to identify and resolve.

I have removed everything in the 1m vicinity of the router and changed the router itself with no luck. If it was a power supply that would have got resolved in changing the router. If it is something else in the room then it seemed to have not created any issues with Sky broadband for last 1 year.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

The profile figure is very odd.  That will need CRT (PlusNET assistance).

The source of REIN could be anywhere, not just within 1m of the router.  Without constant monitoring of the SNRM it is not possible to confirm or deny the presence of REIN.  Electrical devices deteriorate over time, so back in your sky days they might have been ok but not now.

War4war

You can get the agent who spoke to you. The company keep a complete call log so purely time and date will reference the call on your account.....you just need to complain. Note don't accept their Bull that you need to write in...that's wrong. As an airtime provider of services they can take complaints verbally over the phone. It's a breach for them to refuse ... that's cause for a regulator complaint who do take phone complaints.
So called service is not great. You can also leave the contract if it reasonably provides a poorer service. If you log speeds and produce as evidence they are screwed. Disregard Bull on contract....most of these idiots can barely stand up to see lightning and hear thunder let a one answer reasonably.
vaarunmalik
Dabbler

I have checked every thing at home and I am sure the problem is not on my side.

On 13th May I agreed to an engineer visit but instead of that the faults team thought the problem was resolved and on 16th May put my ticket on hold. 3 days down today on 19th, there is no update and I am still chasing for an update.

Its been 16 days that I have had an under performing connection but the Support team only counts since last communication which is shameful way of covering their poor service!

I am quickly realizing that I am stuck in this trap until my contract end. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

But what checks have you done? How are you testing, wired or wireless? Where are you testing? What with?

From the stats, it would appear you have a good connection, but your own tests are poor. So it would help if you could provide a little more information.

vaarunmalik
Dabbler

I have tried 3 different routers. I am connecting the laptop directly to the router via wire. Router is connected to the master socket.

The problem is the ADSL sync is itself very low so I am not going to get the minimum promised bandwidth anyways.

Every time I chat with an agent they can see a problem on the line however when it is escalated to the faults team, they are not able to find any issue.

Attached is the Openreach speed test result.

I feel like I am trapped in a cycle of 72hrs. I chase over chat - they see a problem and escalate - faults team comes back with nothing.

I requested the agent to remove interleaving to see if there is any speed improvement but they are said the line already had too many errors.

I don't use a fixed phone and there is nothing else connected to the line to create an issue from my side.