Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shameful Customer Service

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Shameful Customer Service

At this point in looking at your problem, BTw speed tests on their own are nearly useless.  You (we) need to see that your line is synching at the best possible speed and that everything which contributes to delivering the best usable speed is aligned.  That is why we ask for concurrent router stats, BTw speed test (further diagnostics) and PlusNET current speed.

Though the laptop is connected via a cable, is its wifi interface switched off / disconnected?  If not there is no assurance that the speed tests are being conducted over the Ethernet interface.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

vaarunmalik
Dabbler

BT Speed test results are below

Download speed achieved during the test was - 3.88 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 3.92 Mbps

I was advised speeds between 4 - 7 mbps while placing the order with min speed of 4.5 Mbps. Previously with Sky I used to get downloads of 5 - 5.5 Mbps and I am not talking about ADSL sync speeds.

There is nothing wrong with the equipment on my site. I know how network works and I am running tests properly. Moreover even if it was the Wi-Fi in my house that was such a big issue then I have 802.11ac which is giving me a link of 526 Mbps. This will not make the ADSL bandwidth drop from 5.5 Mbps (with Sky) to under 4 Mbps (with Plusnet). Still I am testing over ethernet without any other device connected.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Do you know how ADSL works?

In the absence of the information requested, if you think there is still an issue, the only advice I can offer is to raise a broadband fault report (use the link below) and hope for the best.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

vaarunmalik
Dabbler

To continue the saga... Its been more than 2 months and numerous ridiculous 10-days waits for the line to stabilise, 3 engineer visits and a horrible customer care experience, now I have come to the conclusion that it is Plus net's poor quality equipment that is responsible for my misery.

The BT openreach engineer has advised me that the cabinet is getting 8mbps and I am not far from the cabinet. One engineer went as far as saying that PlusNet use older technology to control the connection and many times don't know how to configure it in the first place.

I am kind of sick of plus net engineers always resetting the line and asking me to wait 10-days with no resolution. This is a time wasting tactic cause they have committed to speeds they cannot delivery.

Whether this gets resolved or not, I am never going to use plusnet ever again in life and I would spread the message as far as I can. Regret leaving Sky!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Sorry, but that is total [-Censored-]s - however not untypical of appalling lazy BT Openreach engineering.

ALL OF THE EQUIPMENT USED TO DELIVER YOUR BRIADBAND SERVICE BELONGS TO BT OPENREACH.

Retail ISPs such as PlusNET, Sky, Talk Talk, indeed BT Retail all use the same exchange to cabinet to home infrastructure owned and managed by Openreach.  In exchange, only Sky and Talk Talk use non-BT Openreach equipment.  In some areas, Sky and Talk Talk do have better equipment than that is being supplied by BT WHOLESALE to all of the other ISPs.  As I asked before, do you understand how ADSL works / is delivered?  No ISP controls the local infrastructure / equipment. There are different standards and in some rural areas, BT infrastructure is still in the stone ages.

If you have 8mbps at the cabinet then the loss between the cabinet and your home is down to the length and / or quality (could be aluminium) or the 'copper' d-side circuit ... or possibly your internal wiring.

Yoh have ignored several requests for router stats - just what is the reason for your reluctance?