cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shame on you PLUSNET!

brownb2
Grafter

Shame on you PLUSNET!

I'm moving house on the 29th and do not pay the bills at the new property, this is a temporary move further south before I purchase a new property near my new job.
I phoned up your 0800 24/7 line for moving home to be told that it's a cancellation and thus I need to call an 0845 number (1406002) between 9-5.30 Monday to Friday whilst at work (and only have a mobile to hand). On top of that I read around that all I'll be told to do is write to you a letter of confirmation(!!!) and that the 0845 number is always busy. I queried the staff member on the 0800 number as to why he couldn't "cancel" (and as far as I was concerned saw this as a home move) and at least he was honest in telling me that they while he can do a full home move (cancellation+new line) he can't process a cancellation on its own because they've not been given training and he didn't know why that was. I admire his honesty so don't bloody well chastise him (if you find him) for saying that (or correct him with some BS to say instead).
If causing me more stress is the way Plusnet believe that they're following their statement  "We know moving can be stressful, but moving your Broadband and Home Phone doesn't need to be" then I won't be signing up again in a year's time.
I'm going to be throughly peeved off on Monday having to deal with this, utility cancellation, council tax cancellations (their web site forms are broken, they don't answer phones sharpish either) and the mirade of other legal letters I've got to get signed and sent (after some went "missing" on recorded mail) and get more packing done.
Shame on you for giving customers the run around when they've already got it up to the eyeballs. Angry  Yeah thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Shame on you PLUSNET!

Hi there,
I'm sorry that our way of processing housemoves hasn't proved to be the most convenient for you. I can see why only being able to request this during what most regard as usual office hours as an issue and we'll certainly take your feedback onboard.
Just to let you know you definitely don't need to write a letter to us to request the move and I'm certain we can have this all arranged and set to go following one short call to us.
Keep us updated and let me know if you come across any difficulties.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Adam,
I think the issue here is that it is not a normal house move that is needed but a suspension of his account while he is in temporary accommodation. Probably something better handled by one of you guys giving him a ring to discuss the options as CSC are not the best when it's something out of the ordinary.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
brownb2
Grafter

I've just phoned up to cancel, the wait cost me over £4 in mobile credit, when I got through I didn't have enough money left to complete the call whilst waiting again so I could enter my card details to pay the £25 cancellation fee (bear in mind I've been a loyal customer since around 2006). I telephoned again after adding more phone credit and paid the £25 (so total cost to me via Plusnet has been nearly £31, excluding the new £30 I put on the phone).
As the phone got cut off waiting to enter card details the first time apparently I'd been left a voice message saying that debt collection agencies may be sent around because the cancellation was started. Now the nice chap at Plusnet, Steve (fortunately I got the same chap twice on the phone), has said that that won't be the case but I don't appreciate the bad faith gesture on the part of Plusnet policies and unfortunately I don't take anything said verbally when it comes to finances so can someone at plus net please confirm in writing to me (via email, or better in public on this message board) that I won't have debt collection agencies attempting to claim this already made payment?
This whole experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth especially when traditionally problematic companies such as British Gas allowed me to cancel on line in 2 form clicks and even thanked me for my custom, offering to remind me via text message to send them my last readings (but not to "worry" if I don't - I just phone them and they'd do an estimated final bill).
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) CSA name removed as per forum rules but placed on hidden board
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately we can't suspend account any more and due to the time frame, it would make more sense to do this as a cancellation and then new signup.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
brownb2
Grafter

As discussed seeing
"The Question ********* has been released from hold and sent back to CSC - DSL Debt Recovery Requests"
in a closure email because I was cut off on the phone waiting to make a payment is a poor showing, especially as I rang back immediately once I had the phone credit (I had expected the original ~£4.30 phone credit would have been sufficient to make the call).
I would still like written confirmation that the "sending back" means that this debt recovery request has been cancelled (note I consider this an aside from the £25 payment confirmation).
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Sorry about that - yes, the sending back is because the ticket was closed. I can confirm everything's in balance and the account will close on the 30th August.
brownb2
Grafter

Thank you.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

And why was he given an 0845 number and not told he could use the 0800 number or given the 0345 number (charged as 01/02 numbers)?
Poor training again it would seem.
James
Grafter

Noted - Will get this picked up.
brownb2
Grafter

If this is now a publicly acknowledged issue, and I wouldn't have ordinarily incurred the call cost if not for mis-information from Plusnet's support, does this mean I should submit an invoice for remuneration for the ~£4.30 it cost me (being generous and excluding the costs of my second call)?
James
Grafter

That sounds reasonable - I've just refunded it.
To clarify, you weren't given a wrong number as such, just that there is also an 0800/0345 number as well.
brownb2
Grafter

Thank you - you've restored my faith/recommendation in Plusnet. Incidentally I mentioned I'd been a member since 2006, that was wrong, looking at my payment history I started with Plusnet in 2009 - the change in ISPs back then was due to my old ISP's bad customer service causing me to incur excess costs (with not even a whiff of an apology), good to see Plusnet weren't the same!