Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambolic Openreach

Squib
Grafter

Shambolic Openreach

Open reach

I returned home at 1.30 am Saturday morning to find I had no internet connection. At 8.05 am Saturday I contacted Plusnet (10 minutes to answer). The operator informed me that Open reach had removed my fibre broadband and that Plusnet had been aware of this from the 10th May but could do nothing until 9.00 am when appropriate staff started, they informed me I would have to call back after 9.00 (to this I replied no way , and wait another 20 minutes to be answered) I raised a complaint. Later that morning I called again (another 40 minutes on the phone) the operator said he would contact Openreach and get my broadband reinstalled (I said reinstalled, it didn’t need to be reinstalled like a new provide it was a problem caused by Openreach and they should be working 24/7 to correct their error). The operator said he would contact Openreach and get back to me, which he did, informing me that he would get a response in 48 hours , starting Monday morning (so we are looking at Wednesday, I said this was not acceptable) I asked the operator if I could speak to his supervisor. I used to work for BT and I know how long it takes to disconnect the broadband of a 70 year old whom has done nothing wrong, it takes as long as it takes to type “remove this 70 year old broadband service from this line” about 5 seconds. Nothing physically has changed on my line , it’s just software commands, so how the hell does it take 48 hours to restore it. If Plusnet knew about the problem on the 10th why did they not contact Openreach as a matter of urgency to get this resolved. Why isn’t Openreach working all weekend to correct their mistakes.

I repeat, I am a 70 year old, I have done nothing wrong , all bills paid promptly, Openreach have completely ruined my weekend, I have had to drive 10 miles to my daughters, just to get access to the internet. What will Ofcom do nothing, I really hope the media get hold of this appalling situation. I wrote this 6.00 am Sunday morning, having been awake since 4.45

The shambles of our telecom industry 

Regards a very frustrated 70 year old.

12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Shambolic Openreach

Moderators Note.
Moved from broadband to feedback
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service @Squib

If you can PM me your username I'll be happy to look into this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tags (1)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Will be interesting to know what’s gone wrong here.

Do you know if PlusNET thought you were migrating away? It is not unknown for some other party to have mistyped a phone no or line reference and a line be moved by mistake between suppliers. There was a similar case a while ago, where two properties having similar names were involved in a right debacle with Talk Talk who ‘stole’ the line of a PlusNET subscriber (who had been on holiday and not seen the migrate away notices). Took a while to sort out as BTOR would not undo the mess ... rather a ‘new’ line had to be ordered!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Squib
Grafter

My username is [Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks @Squib

I've checked your account and I can see this is in hand to reactivate you services as soon as we possibly can.

I'd expect this to be resolved this week. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Squib
Grafter

Hi Gandalf , it is now Sunday , I haven’t had any contact form Plusnet since last Tuesday 15th , could you give a nudge , if this is the award winning customer service I would hate to suffer the worst.

Regards

Dave Squires

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@HarryB - 2 days without a pick up on a matter the community cannot assist with.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Squib,

Your account is showing the connection came back online on the 15th and although there have been a couple of drops the connection does appear to be quite stable:

If you're still experiencing problems getting online, please can your run through our troubleshooting guides Here.

If you continue to experience problems after this, please report a fault via your account Here.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Squib
Grafter

I see the above graph shows being reconnected on the 15th , can you please send me the graph of when I was disconnected to the point where I was reconnected.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Squib, here's the information you requested: 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Grafter

Thanks, I make that as near as damnit 7 days all but 9 hours.

Any comment , and why did it take so long ?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Squib,

Unfortunately, it's hard to say what exactly caused this issue to happen and I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Unfortunately, these issues, although rare, can occur and though it's not always something that we can prevent, once the issue is reported to us we will work alongside yourself and Openreach to try and bring the services back up and running as soon as possible.

After taking a look at your account today it appears that everything is currently up and running, however if you are experiencing any further issues please let us know so we can investigate further as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team