cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

Ammy
Grafter

Service

Talking to friends and neighbours and reading this Forum,  there is no doubt that Pluscom service in recent weeks has been abysmal.  I have never had such slow broadband,  even in my Talktalk days.  I think I'll have to take the advice of our group and look for an alternative provider,  perhaps even reconsider Talktalk.  My current speed is worse than it was with Talktalk dial-up.
Ammy
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Service

Hi Ammy,
Are you aware of the problems we've been experiencing over the weekend? : http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1292817077.htm
It's worth remembering too that people tend to only use this site to raise issues and complaints they have re the service.
My advice right now is to reboot the router first then if the speeds are still slow wait until we've confirmed that the traffic management issue has been resolved then raise a fault via https://faults.plus.net. If you do need to raise a fault I'd be happy to deal with it personally for you.
FYI re your other post made last week: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91532.0.html
Problem 61851 is still open but is being worked on at present, I'll continue to keep you updated about that.
Pluscom service in recent weeks has been abysmal

I'm only mentioning it as you've said it twice, we're Plusnet Smiley
Please consider what I've said and I'm certain we can help.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ammy
Grafter

If I stay long enough I will remember to use PLUSNET.  At  78 years of age to be told to "reboot the router " is like saying  "take the next bus to the moon "
Just remember we're not all I.T. boffins and have very limited knowledge.  Normally enough to just do what we want to.
Ammy
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

"Reboot the router" is such a common phrase that it is assumed most users know what it means. It means restart the router, just as reboot a computer means to restart it.
How this is done is router specific though switching it off, waiting a few seconds then switching on again will do it on any router. However BT have kit in the exchange called a DLM (Dynamic Line Management) device that sometimes reacts adversely to routers being switched off and on again, regarding this as an indication the connection is unstable and reducing synchronisation (sync) speed, and hence traffic speed to try to improve stability. We try to reduce that risk by disconnecting from Plusnet before turning the router off.
How you disconnect from Plusnet depends on the router. If you have a TG585v8 supplied by Plusnet, this requires browsing to and logging into the router's web interface at http://192.168.1.254, and clicking the Disconnect button.
After that switch off the router using the small power switch on the back. Wait 1 minute (longer if possible) then switch on again. The router should now go through self-test, sync with the exchange then connect again to Plusnet. If connection isn't automatic, try logging into the router again and click Connect (the Disconnect button changes to Connect when disconnected).
However doing this after dark is best avoided - it leads to lower sync speeds because the environment is noisier at night. Try during the middle of the day to get the best speeds.
David
David
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not sure about the V8  but you will be asked for the login and passwords, this will be on the small set of instructions that came with the router, it probably Admin and Admin
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The login information for the TG585v8 router is username admin (lower case 'a'), and the password is the serial number on the information label that came with the router (probably starts CP, letters are capitals, and omit the brackets and bracketed text).
David
David
Ammy
Grafter

Thank you.  I do that frequently.
Ammy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hello Ammy,
Thanks for your feedback with regards to your deailings with support I shall make sure that reaches the right people. Let us know if you're still having problems as we're all happy to help.
By the way, I've checked and problem 61851 is still being worked on, I'll keep you updated about this.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team