Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service status page possible error

pennbank
Grafter

Service status page possible error

Should it not read 4th  MAY
On the service status page it reads
01/05/2009 @ 13:00  Broadband Network Balancing - Monday 4th April Midnight-4.00am
What does it affect?
Broadband Connectivity.
How long will it take?
Up to four hours.
What does the work involve?
We will be undertaking a period of load balancing which will involve disconnecting a number of broadband customers from the Internet. This is being done to balance the network following the recent increase in the amount of central capacity we have.
Is it likely to cause problems?
Some broadband customers will be briefly disconnected from the Internet at some point during the maintenance window. These customers will be able to reconnect immediately.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Any customers having problems connecting once the maintenance is complete are advised to switch off their equipment for 30 minutes before attempting to reconnect.
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Service status page possible error

Yes it should. Maybe they are just checking if anyone takes any notice. Grin
David
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I noticed as well! Personally I was more interested in what happened to the traffic management router that failed to come back up (56372).
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's Bob's Notification and he's just recently admitted to possessing a Kylie Minogue album so has to be forgiven for the error. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
I noticed as well! Personally I was more interested in what happened to the traffic management router that failed to come back up (56372).

Where would this be noticed and I suppose the 'shaping' would have not been applied - thus full line speed?  Huh
Anotherone
Champion

Grin Grin We should be so lucky, more likely a continuation of the problems we've being seeing.
Now interestingly the latest sevice status shows 56372 as downgraded, and the bit about the router that failed to come back up has miraculously disappeared without comment. That really isn't good enough Angry
Clarification: As a downgraded priority problem. The original announcement is still on the Service Status Announcement messages page.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: pennbank
Should it not read 4th  MAY

Yes it should have read 4th May. I've posted a correction to the original post here.
Quote from: Anotherone
Grin Grin We should be so lucky, more likely a continuation of the problems we've being seeing.
Now interestingly the latest sevice status shows 56372 as downgraded, and the bit about the router that failed to come back up has miraculously disappeared without comment. That really isn't good enough Angry

I can only see an internal comment on the problem about the switch failing to come back up. If you were able to see it on the portal then I can only assume that the comment was deleted or modified. I've checked our monitoring systems and from what I can tell the switch is back in service now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion

HI Bob,
Thanks for the updates.
Just to clarify re 56372, it's still mentioned on the main Service Status page under Announcements (although it's now rolled over onto an Archive page) posted by Chris Parr, presumably because some people had experienced loss of service.
2009-04-30 17:21:59  Broadband Connectivity Issues (56372) - NEW
I was reading the entries on the 'Archived Priority Problems' page under 56372 where it wasn't mentioned, and missing the fact (my fault) the original posting was still (then) on the main Status page.
Edit: add links.