cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not started, and wanting to leave already!

eyeofmordor
Dabbler

Service not started, and wanting to leave already!

The woes of plusnet and its customer focus. 

I moved into a newbuild and pre-oprdered my internet, all network work was in place and the line was there but not active in the property. I recieved about 3 or 4 delays over the enxt few weeks as openreach were blamed for various things. During this time I spent countless hours listening to the hold music and on chat being promised callbacks that never happened.

Finally I got an openreach appointment - no show and no update from plusnet until I pushed for one from them. I was told that as they didnt show I would get an epedited one the following day.

Called back the following day, no expedited appointments, booked for a week later. Tried again, got an expedited one for the next day, took day off work, no show.

Asked to speak to a manager, told he has gone home, he wont take calls and eventually that they will terminate the call.

Got an appointment the following day, waheeeyyy openreach turned up. Phone line installed. plug in router - red light.

Phone plusnet - oh your broadband will not go active for another 7 days!

I know you are dependant on openreach for services but here is where you are failing:

- Hold times on phones - ridiculous.

- hold music - large period of ear defeaning static

- Chat - I was left at number 1 in the queue for an hour - they chat didnt tell me that chat had closed!

- Promised multiple call backs - failed to deliver.

- Refused real ways to escalate a fault.

In short, my router still has a red light, I have no service a month after a promised date from plusnet, they will wash their hands of the issue. I think I will terminate and look elsehwere.

17 REPLIES 17
eyeofmordor
Dabbler

Re: Service not started, and wanting to leave already!

Gets better, whilst discussing how to cancel this order with  [CSA Removed] from plusnet services, she told me she was going to close the chat midway through out discussion and just cut me off - back to the end of the queue.....

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name/s removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

eyeofmordor
Dabbler

Thanks, great you have been able to edit this so quickly but not reply!

It doesnt really matter what staff name you inster there, they have all been just about as helpful. I have been cut off by no less than 3

eyeofmordor
Dabbler

In the meantime I have found another service provider who has told me they will pay me up to £100 as credit as I leave plusnet (bonus) and have been awesome on the C/S front so far.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@eyeofmordor

The Moderating team on this forum are customers and not staff so are unfortunately unable to assist with your issues.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
eyeofmordor
Dabbler

@Strat my apologies. That said you would probably be more helpful!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hello there.

I'm looking into this for you now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Gandalf this needs passing up the escalator Sad  its getting regular now

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry about your experience with getting your phone line installed

I can see it's finally been installed as of yesterday.

In short, my router still has a red light, I have no service a month after a promised date from plusnet, they will wash their hands of the issue. I think I will terminate and look elsehwere.

That's because we've just placed the phone order. As this required further work by newsites team we couldn't have placed a broadband order at the same time.

Line records [www.dslchecker.bt.com] haven't updated to show the broadband availability for your line so we'll need to raise TAGs query with BTwholesale to get that rectified before we're able to place your broadband order.

The lead time on a TAGs query is 3 to 5 working days but it's sometimes quicker.

Once that's done, we'll be happy to request your broadband order is expedited.

I'm moving the ticket on your account to my teams ticket pool so we can take personal ownership. We will be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill once the matter is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@rongtw wrote:

@Gandalf this needs passing up the escalator Sad  its getting regular now

Already flagged via the SU route as part of a larger provisioning / house move discussion

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Digging into this further, I can see that your broadband order was placed at the time of placing the phone order. I'm contacting our suppliers now to investigate why it's been delayed and not completed when your phone line went live.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
eyeofmordor
Dabbler

@Gandalf one of your team mangers called me before and has spoken with the suppliers to ensure this is activated today. I will believe it when I see it, but sounds hopeful.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Echoing over here, your broadband order should complete tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Gandalf one of your team mangers called me before and has spoken with the suppliers to ensure this is activated today. I will believe it when I see it, but sounds hopeful.

The order is committed in our suppliers applications for tomorrow. It's likely it couldn't have been changed for today due to resourcing issues and the fact we're nearing the end of the working day now. Sad

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
eyeofmordor
Dabbler

@Gandalf How is this proving so difficult. I know it appears openreach are the issue here, but plusnet are complicit in this mess. I have been called by a manager today who has assured me that he has spoken with senior guys at openreach and they have confirmed this WILL go live by midnight tonight, now I am being told by a senior plusnet guy this is not true.

This is the exact same clash of information that led to me losing a whole day, and now I am left staring at a red light wondering if it will turn green today....or tomrorow. Coherent information from the team would really help me understand what is going on but even if it is you must wait X days...at least the information is correct.