cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service down terrible service

Sjm

Service down terrible service

hi. All night my service has been down. At 4am I went out to find 3G so could visit your site to get help. The forum announcement in service status says you are doing maints from 1am to 7am and the disruption will not take ppl offline they will just drop intermittently or words to that effect. This is not true.

Also your customer service is closed! And customers are unable to post in the forum area where this was posted (at least I can't). Please can someone tell me why no notice is given for turning my connection off for this long it's been so so inconvenient I can't tell you, I could have made other arrangements. Also why a post is announced that is simply not true. There is absolutely no service and hasn't been for hours. Will it be back on in 55 mins as suggested? What can I do to prevent this happening to me and others again apart from change provider. if you are making using the net impossible for this long you should say so. The announcement only found on here, also un commentable on is a lie.
9 REPLIES 9
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Service down terrible service

Glad I checked here. Mine isn't down but I can tell from my security cameras that since at least 04:00 my internet has been up and down like a tarts .....

At least every 5 minutes it goes down then a few minutes later it recovers.

Just hope DLM doesn't make me suffer.

Let's be careful out there !
BL-TZ
Dabbler

My connection's up and down this morning, tried rebooting both router and modem to no avail. One minute it runs fine, next minute it won't load a thing.
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro

Gone 7 and still doing it.

A global advance email would have been nice as I've done the same with reboots and tried different DNS servers.

Let's be careful out there !
PeterLoftus
Pro

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Planned-Network-Maintenance-Friday-9th-September-01-00-...

Cool_smiley

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
MikeBz
Rising Star

But as the OP says, it's was scheduled from 01:00 to 07:00, it's now 08:00 and we still have no service, and the notice implies that you will still have service but with occasional disconnections whereas in reality it is unusable.
msbernice7
Grafter

I don't have any internet connection either B91 area West Midlands
msbernice7
Grafter

Service has been resumed.  An apology and an explanation would be good on the Status section of the Member Centre

EL34

Joined Plusnet yesterday, so my first day of use and No Service - says planned Maint. I guess it over ran, however the service today has been about as good as I got on Dial up, maybe I'm going to regret leaving Sky and joining Plusnet - thus far seriously not impressed. As for their Router, designed for children, why can we not have products that are easy to use for the less technical people, but offer a proper product for those that can work with more technical stuff, I'm no network expert, but the HubOne is designed to be used by a 5 year old. No light on the LAN ports, no real led's for what is going on, just a huge great Blue light that tells me what I already know. Looks like I'll be looking to replace this piece of rubbish with a proper product once the system settles down. 

MikeBz
Rising Star

Still flakey and slow here at 13:40.