cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same town, same package, different price???

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Same town, same package, different price???

Afternoon all  Wink
There may be a reasonable explanation for this but i am paying £17.99 for the 'Extra' package in my home town. One of my referalls, who live just down the road has recently changed from value to Extra and is paying £10.49 or something.
Why is this? Why is mine more?
I do hope there is an explanation, i could get Sky broadband for free!!!!!!!!!!
14 REPLIES 14
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Same town, same package, different price???

Same town but is it the same telephone exchange? If so then I assume an introductory offer.
"** Plusnet Extra: If you live in a low cost area it costs £11.49 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £11.49 a month for the first three months, then £15.79 or £17.99 a month depending on where you live. "
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Same town, yes! But are you sure it's the same exchange? My son lives within Maidstone Kent but exchange is Barming and both are area code 01622. Suggest you put both your and the other's number in Samknows.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The price quoted of £17.99 is for a Market 1 exchange.
Market 2 and 3 are both £11.49 at present
Unless you are on two different exchanges it is possible that your exchange changed from Market 1 to Market 2 and it wasn't picked up
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Its a small town, there is only 1 exchange. I only realised as he asked me to change his package for him as he was using 10GB regularly.
So it turns out i'm being fleeced, brilliant!!!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I think you'll find it's the offer price for the first 3 months as per reply #1.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Since when do you get an offer price when changing from Value to Extra unless there was part of the 3 months offer left.
Have you put your exchange into http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search to see what market the exchange is in
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Raise a ticket and tell them your exchange is market 2 or 3 and you are not getting the price reduction you should, they will change it on the next billing date.  It is one feature of PN I hate.  You have to be in the know to know the right price you should be paying if an existing customer, as they do Not tell you when prices change.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: mrmarkus1981
Its a small town, there is only 1 exchange.
If you say so! Smiley But like many things obvious logic does not always apply. What I wrote in my previous post is still relevant until you have checked in San Knows, which also has been advised by Old Jim.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

This situation near me has existed for a long time, but the Great Notley estate now just goes in the same position
the bottom end of the Braintree area 01376 is only about 2.5 miles and has four LLU and Fibre
the top end of the Chelmsford area - 01245 is about 10 mile from the main exchange
it has no fibre and only sky/tt LLU
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Oldjim
Since when do you get an offer price when changing from Value to Extra unless there was part of the 3 months offer left.
Have you put your exchange into http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search to see what market the exchange is in

Who knows Jim, the legal bit under pricing doesn't say you have to be a "new" customer. and I can not find anything specific in the Product change Policy. And the only way you seem to be able to get more detailed information about the package is by getting so far down the signup journey, you've given all your personal information and still not got all the detail and appear to have to start to commit - haven't we complained about this before, don't they ever learn or are they getting like stalk stalk?
Anyway here's the stupid bit, the OP's exchange seems to be Market 2, but as you go down the signup journey you eventually get to a page that says  "Great, you can get Extra broadband"  Price -  You can get Extra broadband for just £11.49 a month; and when you get to the Summary page it says the Monthly Payment is £11.49
So my advice to the OP is to click on the Check Availability link and put your details into it and see if it comes up with £11.49. I wouldn't mention which market the exchange is when you raise the ticket, just tell them what the sign up journey says, and so you want it at that price.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi mrmarkus1981,
I've popped a ticket on your account for you confirming your new pricing change as you come under the Market 2 Category. This will take place on your next billing date.
Smiley
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Thanks for that !
How long have i been overpaying? (Its £6.50 p/m) Am i getting this back?
Angry
labrador

Just wondering if Plusnet are going to give any reply to this issue of overcharging when an exchange changes market. I also recently found out that my broadband should have been cheaper and that Plusnet do not notify customers, only changing the price when asked (not backdated). They find it very difficult to answer any questions about it (such as when the date the exchange changed market). I just find it amazing how they can claim to be honest in their adverts when they carry on like this. Whilst I can understand they are in this to make money, I would expect an honest company to be honest with their existing customers and notify them when a significant reduction in cost is due for services.
Plusnet also appear to have had a change of policy regarding refunding people being overcharged because of this issue. Bob Pullen (Plusnet staff) on 18/01/2011 at 08:41 (thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91506.32.html ) stated that "Agreed, and if it does take us a while then rest assured we'll be happy to apply a refund to compensate for any months that were missed at the lower price". This lead me to believe I did not need to check for any changes in the market classification of my exchange because 'good honest' Plusnet would look after it and backdate any overcharging.
Anyway, I have raised a complaint because Plusnet refused to refund any charges.  Just interested if anyone else has had any resolution in this similar thread.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
There's two different things going on here. Labrador, the posts you are quoting come from the original reclassification of a number of exchanges, whereas the issue being dealt with in this thread is when we changed Market 2 pricing to match Market 3 costs.
The latter was I'm afraid done for new customers only, however any existing customer would receive the cheaper prices either on upgrading or contacting us, we didn't do anything proactively in that situation so I'm afraid we won't refund any missed months.
Appreciate this isn't what you want to hear and sorry about that.