cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL Need to continually phone plusnet.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: STILL Need to continually phone plusnet.

Glad to see that's sorted pod000. Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pod000
Grafter

Oh dear it didn`t last very long after 9 short days of full speed a complication arose last saturday 23rd which means that at present my line speed is, less than adequate for fibre. After Phoning Plusnet again today The problem is supposedly being sorted (when plusnet find out what the problem is) but as per usual no time frame given. these are some speed tests done over the last 5 days.

Plusnet doing me proud Angry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi pod000,
Sorry to see this hasn't been resolved yet, it's currently with our faults team who'll update you ASAP,
Chris
timeless

Pod.....  Did you do something wrong in a past life :S
lol.. Wishing you luck o7
pod000
Grafter

timeless. I am begining to think i was perhaps Musolini Grin
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Could be as your speeds seem upside down. That was how he was strung up. Crazy
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
pod000
Grafter

Our next step of progressing further forward would be to check our suppliers capacity reports for your exchange and their backhaul. I've checked this weeks reports and there is no reports of any issues capacity wise.
To ensure this theory can be disregarded, we will wait for next weeks report to come out and check that for you before taking any further action.

This is how Plusnet are fixing my service. Waiting!! way to go Plusnet.
Having only had 9 days (could be Cool of full service since joining Plusnet would I be able to leave my contract?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Do you get a decent speed at any time of the day?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Trevstan
Grafter

Damn pod000 i seen you post in my thread about congestion then stumbled upon this you have had some really bad luck  Shocked .
Here's hoping you get your problems solved quickly  :)!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@pod000
I need to check with a particular agent for an update on this.
He's not here at the moment but leave it with me and I'll get back to you later today.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pod000
Grafter

@jelv. Unfortunately no. The upstream is steady as a rock but the downstream fluctuates between very bad and terrible.
@Trevstan Thanks for the encouragement I had hoped everything would be sorted by now or seeing that the way my account has so far been conducted that Plusnet would be a bit more pro active about getting to the bottom of this latest problem. Rather than wait.
@Adam  Okay.
Another Plusnet user from Scarborough has been told by an Engineer that her slow speeds are down to a layer 2 switch problem. I have been told by another engineer that it is due to a fault localised to my fttc cabinet.
In any event 11 days on from the start of this latest problem and my internet speed is not that ,which I am expected to pay for.
pod000
Grafter

@Adam. Any news from agent X.
I have been given an update in the BB&routers thread, which wasn't an update more of a wait a couple of more days and we may have something to tell you.
pod000
Grafter

This is the last post from the BB&routers thread I started when this latest problem started.
We can't promise anything more than what Chris has and that we'll provide you with the information you've asked for when it becomes available to us.
Adam

which amounts to "we haven't promised you anything so be a good lad and just wait until our suppliers tell us something"
Plusnet not " doing me proud" since January 3rd.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm really sorry that it's taking so long to get this issue sorted.
As I've said, I am expecting a further update in 48 hours time, I will chase this again tomorrow just in case and will provide you all with the information I can.
I'm again, sorry that I'm not able to provide more information on this at this time.
pod000
Grafter

In the broadband and Routers thread Chris Pettitt updated those of us who are being affected by this Problem.
BT have told him that there is a capacity issue and they are looking into it. after a fortnight of waiting we are being told the same thing, dressed up slightly differently.
Though I do believe he is trying his best.  I have spent enough time this year trying to  get a working telephone and Internet service and feel the time spent trying to wrangle information from Plusnet would be better spent elsewhere.
I have found Plusnet to be pleasant but unfortunately, ineffectual with terrible working relations with their Owners/Suppliers.
Thoroughly disappointed with the whole experience and truly the worst experience I have ever had dealing with a company.