cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL Need to continually phone plusnet.

pod000
Grafter

Re: STILL Need to continually phone plusnet.

Thanks for your call today, I have called the supplier and they have advised that the order is stuck in a cancellation pending state

Another unforseen hold up.
Perhaps Plusnet should be more diligent and check people's accounts and sort these matters out before they become a problem.
They have had since the 29th of January to make sure the previous order was cancelled. But they didn't. 
Perhaps a spot of training wouldn't go a miss. So plusnets agents could learn to spot these. 
pod000
Grafter

I will monitor this order and call you tomorrow with a update.

Oh dear!
New owner same shoddy service.
Received No phone call and ticket not updated
keith4x4
Grafter

Quote from: pod000
I have had a phone call from Sam who is going to take ownership of this debacle. (This problem has had more owners than a second hand cortina) he tells me that the current problem will take 24 hours to be fixed then I will be given an appointment (allegedly/).

Pod000 What a wonderful saying.... worthy of DCI Gene Hunt (Life on Mars)
I actually thought you would be sorted by now! Silly me.
Now you know why I said don’t hold your breath.
I absolutely love the 2nd hand Cortina bit I must use that but at the moment I am contenting myself with the occasional Ahmmm! on my ticket to see how long I go in-between the 24 hour updates (I think at the moment it’s about just over a week between them)
You are not on your own in your beliefs that standards have slipped to be non existent and all PN staff are highly trained in apologising but as you see, very little progress.
Do you feel like the buck is being passed continually and that PN accept a urine poor shoddy service from “ their suppliers” and just pass it on instead of giving someone a major @r5e kicking.
Come on PN isn't it about time this kind of thing was taken to task and sorted.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pod000,
The cancellation of the fibre order was requested before the phone order completed, unfortunately however that's when the error occurred leading to it being stuck in the pending cancellation state. Sam has now cleared this and booked a replacement order, as soon as that's showing as confirmed we'll get it expedited and be in touch to arrange an appointment.
pod000
Grafter

Thank you Matt.
Could it not be seen that the previous fttc order was in a stuck pending cancellation state?
I have missed a call from Sam but like you have said the order needs to be committed before it can be expedited.
I take it that the sending out of routers is automatically done once an fttc order has gone into a committed state?
Keith4x4
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I truly believed I would be sorted by now. Can only agree with your sentiments regarding the business relationship between plusnet and their suppliers.
8th
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Sam's been working on this all morning, has managed to get everything underway including the expedite and has also managed to get a confirmed appointment for this Friday morning between 8am and 1pm - hope that's convenient with yourself? He should be giving you another ring shortly to arrange it, but here's hoping everything will be sorted out for you then. Thanks for sticking with us through this.
pod000
Grafter

Thanks again Matt.
Friday will be fine.
Spookily I predicted the 8th on my last post.
Let's hope I don't get an engineer that won't install without a router being there. Someone else posted that was the case for them!
I realise one has been posted, but doubt it was sent next day delivery and my post doesn't arrive till after dinner time.
pod000
Grafter

Could someone please tell me why I have received this text message.
"Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 14/03/2013. Please don't set up your router until we confirm your service is active."

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's basically a day after the original due date and as you might guess these texts are automated and as such don't take into account when orders are expedited.
Please ignore that and sorry for any confusion.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pod000
Grafter

Thank you for the reply Adam.
pod000
Grafter

The openreach engineer finally came on friday. unfortunately i was away but my better half was in and after 15 minutes he was done ! after 3 days on a 80/20 package this is my latest speedtest

Huh
I have received a text stating that it would take 10 days for the the speed to stabalise. ie training period.. But after 3 days you get a good idea of what you can expect! and its half of the estimate for download and a tenth of what the upload was estimated at. I live 50metres from the fttc cabinet surely I should be acheiving better speeds than these!
pod000
Grafter

My BTW profile has been set at 38 Mbs downstream and 2Mbs upstream. I am currently on the PHONE to PLUSNET trying to get yet another mistake/oversight/error corrected.
My Profile was incorrectly set and a modify order has been sent to BTW so should be on the correct profile in the next 48hrs.
I dont know who`s at fault for this latest mistake but I do Know that I am fooked off with Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That looks like our error I'm afraid so apologies for that.
Glad to see that should be sorted tomorrow at least.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pod000
Grafter

And FINALLY I now have the service which was ordered and paid for on the 3rd of january.

I would like to say its been a pleasure dealing with Plusnet but it hasn`t .
Thank you to the members of the DCT who helped get my services up and running. And the people who gave encouragement along the way.
I sincerely hope I never have to visit these forums or phone Plusnet because of a phone line fault again.....
But I am glad I found this forum as it does have a lot of knowledgeable people on and will be back.
For now though It`s goodbye as I catch up on 2 1/2 months of no broadband.
Akira
Grafter

@ pod000
I'm glad you finally got it sorted, mate. I know from personal experience that these guys on the forums are some of the nicest, most knowledgeable people on the web. I hope your broadband service goes smoothly. Happy huntin' and I hope we never see you again*!  Cheesy

*Quote by pod000: "I sincerely hope I never have to visit these forums or phone Plusnet because of a phone line fault again....."