cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL Need to continually phone plusnet.

pod000
Grafter

STILL Need to continually phone plusnet.

A history of my account with Pusnet.
3rd Jan       Order phone and fibre from Plusnet website and choose 21st, 22nd, 23rd January as install dates. I needed a new line as phone line not active. Paid for
                    installation of new line and the 1st months phone and BB payment plus delivery charges for free router.
7th Jan        Recieved phone call from Plusnet spoke to a CSC analyst called Scott. He told me that an order had been placed  to install the new telephone line and
                    an engineer appointment would be confirmed in the next few working days, as Plusnets suppliers need to perform a survey to assess capacity for my
                    new line and a line plant was required as no spare pair of  wires available.
11th Jan      Plusnet set my Direct Debit to Active.
14th Jan     Recieve an email and text : it is Estimated that an engineer is due to activate your Home Phone service on 29/1/2013, 1pm-6pm.
                    Not the 21,22 or 23rd But whats an extra week after all extra work had to be done ie:- Line Plant
                    Recieve another email stating that Plusnet will be debiting next months payment on the 22nd. I phone Plusnet and get told it was generated in error.
15th Jan     Plusnet Ticket updated : Your phone installation has now been committed to for 29/01/2013 between 1PM and 6PM.
                    Was very pleased with estimated up and down speeds.
                    Eight other ticket updates about the provisioning of my ADSL account?
16th jan      Recieve  confirmation email .Was given a Commited phoneline Installation date of the  29th jan.
25th jan      Recieved phone call from Plusnet and spoke to CSC analyst Ryan. Was told would get simultaneous install on the 29th
                   ( fibre installation was only Provisionally  set for this date, but had previously been given a commited phone line install date of the 29th)
                    Was really pleased with Plusnets customer service at this point.

28th jan      5.28pm receive text from Plusnet : Unfortunately, there's been a delay to the order for your telephone service.

I phone plusnet and talk to CSC analyst called Martin. I asked why it was delayed and was told that the department at their suppliers that was dealing
                    with the delay were closed and they would be phoned the next day and I would be updated.
29th Jan     I phone plusnet around 1 pm  and talk to CSC analyst Sarah. She tells me the suppliers had Not been contacted yet and she would phone them and
                    ring me back.  Sarah phones me and tells me the delay is due to  line plant work not being completed and an update was scheduled for the 4th Feb.
                    Plusnet had known about the line plant work being required for over 3 weeks at this point.
                    I ask to speak to a manager and talk to one called Mark. He tells me that he`s going to raise an "eviper" escalation with BT over the failed install and only
                    being notified 6hrs before the install date. I would be contacted with an update.
                    I also raised a complaint to try and be compensated for the time I had taken off of work which had been wasted.
31st Jan     I phone plusnet and speak to CSC analyst Jaye. I ask for an update on the "eviper" escalation which was raised 2 days previously. Jaye told me she
                    couldn`t phone the escalation department (have been told from several other plusnet staff this is nonsense) and that she would email them. An answer
                    would be expected within 24hrs at which time I would be contacted with an update.
2nd Feb     I phone Plusnet and talk to CSC analyst Ryan. I ak for an update on the "eviper" and subsequent email sent by Jaye. Ryan said no updates had been
                   recieved and the next update was scheduled for the 4th. So much for the "eviper"
4th feb        I phone plusnet and talk to CSC analyst David. After he reviews my account he reported that a  High Level escalation had been raised (PN) and
                   escalation requested with BTW. He then said he would phone their suppliers and get back to me.
                      David phones back with an update SMC advised routing work had been completed and once order was updated the order will be fluid again. and
                      once fluid an appointment would be requested or allocated. the appointment could then be brought forward using the BTW escalation if accepted.
                      was told that update would be applied to my account the next day.
                      A bit of my faith in plusnets customer service was temporarily restored as things looked to be moving on

5th  Feb      I yet again Phone plusnet and talk to CSC analyst Kirsty. I ask for an update on the account and wether the escalations raised on the account had been
                   successful. Kirsty said she would phone the suppliers and ring me back.
                    Kirsty rang back and advised that 2 skilled engineers were required and that they wouldn`t be able to visit me until the 8th of feb.
                    she told the email to the escalation team was going to be sent again as she had tried phoning but no one was answering, also the situation was
                    being monitored and I would be contacted if any new information was recieved.

following on from my earlier complaint I was awarded a £25 refund by way of compensation for the missed appointment and wasted
                    time of of work. better than nothing..

7th Feb       I phone plusnet to check on wether the installation from the 2 skilled engineers was going ahead on the 8th. An CSC analyst called Jordan from plusnets
                    Billing department told me they hadnt recieved an update from their suppliers so the suppliers would be contacted for a full update and I would be
                    contacted with the outcome. Jordan phoned suppliers rang me back and told me that no work was going to be done on the 8th and that a further update
                    was expected on the 11th. Not being satisfied  with that answer I again asked to speak to a manager.
                     I was put through to a Credit Control Manager called Yvonne who assured me she could help.
                     I explained that I had been told routing work had been completed and I  that 2 engineers were coming on the 8th to do an installation.
                     Yvonne replied that after the update which they recieved today Nobody was going to be doing any installation work on the 8th and that an engineer
                     would be visiting my exchange on the 11th to Plan the route between the exchange and my property.
                     I told Yvonne that I must of been lied to previously. She told me that she didnt think I had been lied to but that she was telling me the whole story.
                     Yvonne promised me she would personally phone me back on the 11th and update me.
11th Feb     Recieved phone call from Credit manager Yvonne who tells me some one from provisioning had called openreach and nothing was being done to get
                   my phone line up and running today but  she promised that an engineer was definitely going to my exchange on the 14th to plan the route.
                   Again Yvonne said she would personally phone me on the 14th with an update.
14th Feb    Recieved call from Credit manager Yvonne. She told me that after talking to someone from provisioning and Unfortunately nothing was going to be done
                   at the exchange regarding my phone line and the work had been put back till Monday. After I expressed my incredulity at the situation I asked If I could
                   speak to a manager in the provisioning department. Yvonne explained that a manager wasn`t available but she would put me through to an experienced
                   agent in the provisioning department.

I was put through to CSC analyst Martin who I had spoken to previously on the 29th January. He told me that a twisted pair divert was scheduled to take
                    place at my exchange on monday the 18th.
                    I asked what would Plusnets recourse be if I was let down again and Plusnet failed to get work started on my phoneline. Martins response was that
                    Plusnet could not do anything other than raise an escalation with openreach.
                    I asked what would be the next step after the work at the exchange was completed. Martin said that my much needed line plant could go ahead and then I
                    could be booked an appointment for for installation work to be carried out at my property!
18th Feb     Nothing was going to be done today but perhaps tomorrow.
19th Feb     Engineer turns up and does nothing
Many phone calls to plusnet later and was told that the 25th was going to be the date when the pair divert work would be done..
25th Feb     Engineers turn up and do the pair divert work. they even install the line into my property.  YAY,   No dial tone boo
26th Feb     Plusnet advise that there is still external work to be carried out and that it SHOULD be done in the next 3 DAYS.
So the situation as it stands today is. I have No phone line and obviously that means I have no broadband plus I have an indefinite wait ahead because  Plusnet have absolutely NO idea when this will be fully Resolved ..... a poorer level of service must be quite hard to find .... And I find it hard to believe that Plusnet cannot do anything about the situation but it`s true !
The above text has been Added to and edited on the 14th of February to better reflect why I am so  frustrated with Plusnet pod000
My point is that any phone calls made to plusnets suppliers has been done because of my phoning customer support. This Tuesday rang to get an update told they would ring suppliers and get back to me sure enough 1 hour later was told that install required 2 skilled engineers and openreach could do it on the 8th but plusnet not accepting that as a high level escalation had been placed on order.
Was told matter would be chased up with openreach and I would be updated when plusnet knew anything more.
Today the 7th I phone plusnet yet again to get an update was told plusnet needed to phone suppliers and they would get back to me.
The support staff I have spoken to have been really friendly but any chasing up of the appalling service shown by BT  has only been done because I have phoned Plusnet.
Frustrated to say the least.
111 REPLIES 111
akthus
Grafter

Re: Need to continually phone plusnet.

I hope you have better luck than me.
I was supposed to have fibre broadband installed on the 18th Jan and am still waiting.
But like you I have also had to chase up.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@pod000 - looks like one of our agents has picked this up for you and is chasing the order, you should get an update on that soon. I'm really sorry that this is such a shocking first experience, I hope things only get better from here - we'll certainly do our best to make sure it does.
@akthus - I can see an appointment has been booked in for you next week, I hope everything gets sorted out with that for you. Please let us know how it goes, and likewise I'm really sorry things have started this badly.
pod000
Grafter

This does not get any better!  I Get the distinct impression that I am being Lied to. After todays 2 phone calls I get told 2 different things are happening  on the same day and those 2 different things are entirely different from what I was told 2 days ago.. will quote messages I have recieved which will highlight why I am so annoyed!
Plusnet CSC Analyst
4:50pm, Monday 4 Feb 2013
[Internal]
Mr. pod000  called for order update.
From reviewing account, report HLE escalation raised (PN) and escalation requested with BTW.
Checked the order progress and routing due to be completed today.
Confirmed with customer it was ok to call BTW and return call with update.
SMC advised routing work completed and once order updated the order will be fluid again. Once fluid appointment should be requested or allocated. Then this can be brought forward using the BTW escalation if accepted.

Plusnet - CSC Analyst
5:54pm, Tuesday 5 Feb 2013
Dear Mr pod000,
As per our conversation, I can advise that I have contacted our supplier's and they have advised they need to get 2 skilled engineer's out to do the installation. They have advised the engineer's will not be available to visit you until the 08/02/13.
I have also resent the email which we sent to the high level escalation team to try and get this resolved sooner. We should have a response from them in the next 24 hours. I have also tried to contact the escalation owner on the telephone but have been having difficulty getting through to them.
I can assure you we will keep monitoring this for you to try and get this resolved sooner and will keep you updated as soon as we have any further information. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Plusnet CSC Analyst

Plusnet - CSC Manager
2:22pm, Thursday 7 Feb 2013
Dear Mr pod000,
Thank you for your time on the phone today.
As discussed your engineer is now coming to visit your exchange on Monday. I apologise that this isn't tomorrow as initially advised.
The purpose of this visit is to plan the route between the exchange and your property. Following this visit a clearer idea of the work involved and plan going forward.

Kind regards,
Plusnet CSC Manager

I was assured by the above  Plusnet CSC Manager that she was telling the truth and anything else I was told was a mistake.
I  can say unreservedly that this is by far the poorest customer service I have ever encountered.  

pod000
Grafter

akthus  I hope your luck changes soon.
pod000
Grafter

I have now lodged a complaint as it would seem nobody is interested in resolving this nightmare.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm afraid I don't see any conflicting information anywhere in your quotes above - I assume you're talking in particular about the parts you've highlighted in red?
Please also bear in mind that all we can do is go with the information we're given by our suppliers, so if you hear different messages - so did our agents who called our suppliers.
SMC advised routing work completed and once order updated the order will be fluid again. Once fluid appointment should be requested or allocated. Then this can be brought forward using the BTW escalation if accepted.

Sounds like the order was stuck for some reason, though the work to 'unstick' it was underway and as soon as things were moving again we could book an engineer.
I can advise that I have contacted our supplier's and they have advised they need to get 2 skilled engineer's out to do the installation. They have advised the engineer's will not be available to visit you until the 08/02/13.

Possibly a little odd, but as I said above it's not contradicting the previous message in any way - it's just more information from our suppliers regarding the engineers that should attend the install when the appointment is booked.
your engineer is now coming to visit your exchange on Monday. I apologise that this isn't tomorrow as initially advised.
The purpose of this visit is to plan the route between the exchange and your property. Following this visit a clearer idea of the work involved and plan going forward.

This seems to be notification that the work mentioned in the first statement, the routing, is due to be completed. Sounds like once that's done we'll be able to book the engineer appointment, and hopefully that engineer will be one of the skilled ones?
As I said I can't see any conflicting messages at all in there? Please let me know if I've got the wrong end of the stick. I am sorry the order's taking its time like this though.
pod000
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Matt.
The contradictions are clear to see ie:- routing work completed and engineers coming to do installation then changes to engineer visiting exchange to plan route .
If the routing work has been completed why would an engineer need to plan the route!!! I keep getting told that the planning team has done their work. CLEARLY CONTRADICTORY.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah beg pardon, not sure how I missed that one 😕
I'll pass it on to our provisioning team to chase up, but I suspect it's a matter of our agents calling our suppliers to get an update and those being the updates received. I can see how the conflicting messages could come through, there's various departments to our suppliers with varying levels of access to their systems (the ordering system we can see isn't the one that our suppliers use to actually carry them out) so it'll depend how much they can see and how what they do see is interpreted as to what our agents are told.
As I said though I'll pass it on to our team to chase and am very sorry about all this.
pod000
Grafter

Thanks again Matt. I tend to agree with your statement about interpretation as each agent I have spoken to seemed to have varying knowledge of the things they were speaking about.
The funniest being " In a twisted pair of telephone cables one carries broadband one carries telephone" you`ve gotta laugh else you`d cry.
pod000
Grafter

Today I recieved a call from a plusnet csc manager who informs me that nothing will be done until Thursday 14th february at the earliest and that there is nothing plusnet can do to speed up the process. Not what I or anyone else would call satisfactory customer service. 
ssiney
Dabbler

that is really bad Pod to hear.....  i to am here venting my frustration with the engineer not turning up last 7th feb and then being told cant do anything until the 20th.................................. now i am even more concerned after reading what terrible service you have been provided. Made even more frustrating by the amount of time waiting on the phone to actually talk to someone.
Wish i had come here first before i ordered with Plusnet, i stupidily believed their adverts and how they won awards from Which Magazine is now surprising me... have they "Made you Proud'?
pod000
Grafter

ssiney. I actually asked the PN csc manager when it was that plusnet won these customer service awards. She replied that normally this doesn`t happen. I told her to have a look on this forum. I hope you are sorted sooner than later .
ssiney
Dabbler

cheers and you to... will let you know...
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Plusnet assure us that it is only a very small number of customers suffering these issues as a result of Openreach/BTw failings. It should be noted that all CPs/ISPs (apart from Virgin Media Cable) have to rely on Openreach for the provision & maintenance of lines and all are having similar problems. I hope you all have better luck very soon.