cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECOND engineer no show

Ronna

SECOND engineer no show

So I've been with PlusNet for a year or year and a half. I notified PlusNet that I'd be moving and renewed my contract - this time I got locked into it for 2 years.

I was told that an engineer would come out to get our connection going on the 26th of August. Nobody showed up and I got the following message:

"There has been a problem with your order and they have been rejected by our suppliers."

The engineer visit was thereafter rescheduled for September 5th.

When I called Plusnet, I wasn't informed why my order has been "rejected" and after spending 20 minutes waiting for someone to pick up and another 30 trying to wrangle out a response the connection went dead and I assume somebody hung up. I didn't bother calling back. I received a message that someone has tried to call me back but my phone didn't ring.

Fine.

Today it's the 5th and the engineer has 4 minutes left to make the slot. I assume they're not going to show up and I assume that the process will be delayed by another 10 days.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Who do you people hire to make these visits? If I had expected these issues I would have just ended my contract there and then and picked it up with another provider.

I'd go ahead and cancel if I didn't expect the same lengthy hassle if I tried to switch providers now.

Very very disappointed. Not sure what my options are.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: SECOND engineer no show

I'm sorry to hear about this first of all.

I'd like to help out so please feel free to PM me with your username and I'll get on the case for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Ronna wrote:
Today it's the 5th and the engineer has 4 minutes left to make the slot. I assume they're not going to show up and I assume that the process will be delayed by another 10 days.

The activation was completed remotely without an engineer being required. However I can see that unfortunately we've had to report a fault on this as you have no dial tone.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Who do you people hire to make these visits? If I had expected these issues I would have just ended my contract there and then and picked it up with another provider.

The engineers are arranged via Openreach, sorry that you've experienced issues and I hope this gets resolved asap for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Ronna

Re: "The activation was completed remotely without an engineer being required."

This should have been communicated. This is the second weekday I've booked off in order to wait for said engineer.

Due to issues with the line which for some reason have gone undetected before, PlusNet will be arranging for BT to send out an engineer to activate it (7th). I just received a text that "everything is good to go" but the broadband still isn't working so I am not sure what that's about.

I'll keep this thread updated for the sake of other Plusnet customers.

Thanks