cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude customer service agent

jmpatrick

Rude customer service agent

I feel compelled to say that I was astonished by the rudeness of Plusnet’s ‘customer service’ this morning, who outright accused me of lying about my motivation for wanting to cancel my contract following receipt of the price increase email. Regardless of the commercial proposition, it’s difficult to see how you can retain customers when staff lack basic politeness, and on this basis, there appear to be some significant issues of morale in the organisation at present. The contrast between your attitude and that of my mobile phone provider, Three, whom I also contacted recently is striking, and leads me to wonder if a UK call centre is necessarily an advantage.
7 REPLIES 7
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Rude customer service agent

i've found you often get back what you give when dealing the customer services from anyone.
if your attitude is already on the negative/defensive then you normally get a similar response.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I though "Three"'s customer service was UK based, and others have said they are very good, and that is my very limited experience of "Three" as well.
chenks76
All Star

Three often gets the worst rating for customer services (unless things have drastically changed in the past year or so).
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
on topic please gents.
if you want to discuss three's service in general start a thread in chit chat Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
chenks76
All Star

only reason Three was being discussed was because the OP used that as a comparison in the original post.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with the agent you spoke to.
We'll look into that internally.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ninteh
Dabbler

Haha I had the same problem mate, it's because they work on retention figures, so if you leave it lowers their retention rate I think (I've never worked in a call centre but think that's how they work)