Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Customer Service due to Cancelling

ninteh
Dabbler

Bad Customer Service due to Cancelling

Hi,
Decided to cancel as per the price increase email, the customer service rep obviously wasn't happy - probably because they'd have lots of calls like this today = no commission for the call centre workers on customer retention figures.
She was generally unfriendly and didn't respect my decision, and then told me they'll charge me a £30 fee for cancelling? Needless to say, i'll definitely be continuing with my cancellation now - shocking service / retention tactics.
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Bad Customer Service due to Cancelling

The £30 fee isn't for leaving Plusnet to another provider it was for cancelling the line which I assume wasn't what you wanted
ninteh
Dabbler

Yeah, I said I want to leave plusnet to goto Sky, I got an earful about how Sky increased their line rental last year..
Oldjim
Resting Legend

this is the clause about cessation charges http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml#appliesWhen
Switching to a service that is not supplied via the BT Wholesale network
and I know that posters on here weren't happy about it
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you contact Sky and ask them to transfer you using the gaining provider led process, the cessation charge won't apply.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ninteh
Dabbler

Can someone from plusnet please send me my cancellation / end of contract date? The call ended rather abruptly from the agent  Cry
ninteh
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
this is the clause about cessation charges http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml#appliesWhen
and I know that posters on here weren't happy about it

Hmm, that could help in my decision with providers - Sky cashback would easily cover that, though...
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: ninteh
Yeah, I said I want to leave plusnet to goto Sky.

I think you misunderstood what Jim said.
If you have Cancelled your line that causes a complete loss of your phone service (and number) and an automatic broadband cease. There will be nothing for Sky to take over, nothing to migrate from.
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: Oldjim

That can't be right Jim. Ofcom wouldn't have stood for it. It means migrating to LLU incurred it, even when the LLU supplier used the correct Openreach procedure. I think it must just be badly worded and means it will apply if the gaining provider uses a Cease and Provide. Which can happen even if staying on BTW.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I know that and you know that but despite numerous complaints on here it still hasn't been fixed
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Clearly the situation hasn't been made any clearer to PN support staff.  In a recent reply to a ticket:
Just to let you know, leaving the actual broadband contract a side, a £30.00 cease fee might be applicable if you wish for your line to be ceased, or have it moved outside the BT network

Estragon
Rising Star

Strictly speaking, that's true. It does say might, and my previous post says when it will be.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: pwatson
Clearly the situation hasn't been made any clearer to PN support staff.  In a recent reply to a ticket:
Just to let you know, leaving the actual broadband contract a side, a £30.00 cease fee might be applicable if you wish for your line to be ceased, or have it moved outside the BT network

Technically that is still true. Estragon hits the nail on the head.
@OP - Sorry to hear that you're leaving, and for the poor experience on the phones.
Expiry Date : 16/03/17, though of course you are free to move within 30 days of the price increase notification.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Technically, yes - In practice the statement, along with the web page linked above, is ambiguous and needs to be rewritten to clarify!