cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish service

easyhostmedia

Rubbish service

What a con.
They will charge twice for the router postage, then give you a legally binding agreement with and activation date after taking an activation fee, then this will pass without activation, then they will give yoiu a second date which again will pass, and then when you copmpalin and say that tyou want your activation fee back they will tell you to contact BT legal department. Also Plusnet will issue VAT invoices with a fake VAT number
also they fail to deliver any router.
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Rubbish service

easyhostmedia,
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a number of problems with us so far.
With regards to the duplicated fee of £4.99 this was human error, please accept our apologies. I have checked your transactions and can see that the agent who took the fee did refund it straight away.
With regards to the issue with the activation date we raised an order to activate your service on the 12th of August. However a mistake was made when this order was manually placed which means that it did not go through on the intended date of the 18th and is now due for the 27th.
Please accept our apologies for causing these issues at such an early stage, this is the worst possible time for this to happen as we know how important first impressions can be when providing this type of service. As a good will gesture I am discounting the first two months of broadband subscription.
As for the router, we haven't failed to deliver it. When hardware gets shipped from us is dependant on the activation date for broadband, as your service isn't due until the 27th it hasn't been dispatched yet.
With regards to our registered VAT number it is definitely 245719348. I can see on your account that you think we have sent something else on an invoice. If this has happened its a serious issue, do you still have a copy of what was forwarded to you please? Please note as an aside that we do not provide VAT invoices by default for residential customers, the fact that you have requested one and your username does look like you may be a business could you confirm if this is the case please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
easyhostmedia

discount the first 2 months when i am getting the first 3 free, what a joke.
i have a legal agreement in writing saying that my activation date was 18th and then i was not told anything else until i contact plusnet on the 19th and was told it would definitely be activated on the 19th sometime before midnight.  i have this in writing.
I also have it in writing to say that 2 routers had been sent out, and if they were to send another they need an alternative address, which i do not have. so unless i have another address it looks like i will not get a router, so now i am belong tied to a service where i will nto have a  router, so in effect each nmoth you will get my money but i will have no router so i will have no internet service.
The so called VAT invoice i received has the VAT reg number 842254440 ( see attached) but this VAT Reg Number is Invalid, so maiking this invoice invalid and illegal as without a valid VAT reg number in the name of plusnet VAT cannot be charged.  As you state your true VAT is 245719348, this is regsitered to BT, so Invoices showing VAT must be sent under the name of BT as the legal VAT registered company.
I run a home business, but use my internet in line with my business, i need a valid VAT invoice so i can place these through my books and reclaim a percentage back as a home business i cannot claim 100% back
because of your contant delays i am being charged a further months broadband fee by o2 for the matter of a few days.  I have also checked with trading standards and as i do have legal agreed documents given an activation date which plusnet failed to deliver then i am entitled to any refund of any activation fees.
Also if plusnet have a copy of the so called VAt invoice they sent me then they will see it has an INVALID VAT reg number which make the invoice invalid and illegal for charging VAT on an invoice without a valid VAT Reg number is illegal.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Invoice image removed as it contains personal information also Plusnet have a copy.
James
Grafter

Hi Easyhostmedia,
I'd welcome an opportunity to talk to you regarding your concerns surrounding your initial service problems.
Could you possibly let me know of a convenient time and number to call you on?
Many thanks.
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: easyhostmedia
The so called VAT invoice i received has the VAT reg number 842254440 ( see attached) but this VAT Reg Number is Invalid, so maiking this invoice invalid and illegal as without a valid VAT reg number in the name of plusnet VAT cannot be charged.  As you state your true VAT is 245719348, this is regsitered to BT, so Invoices showing VAT must be sent under the name of BT as the legal VAT registered company.
I run a home business, but use my internet in line with my business, i need a valid VAT invoice so i can place these through my books and reclaim a percentage back as a home business i cannot claim 100% back
Also if plusnet have a copy of the so called VAt invoice they sent me then they will see it has an INVALID VAT reg number which make the invoice invalid and illegal for charging VAT on an invoice without a valid VAT Reg number is illegal.

Whilst I accept your point about the VAT reg being different; I would of course direct you to http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/start/register/groups.htm
As far as I can see; it is perfectly valid for 2 (or more) BT Group companies to use the same VAT registration whilst keeping their own identity on the invoice.
I'm wondering if the issue here is that the template hasn't been updated following the purchase by BT of PN?
easyhostmedia

This is only valid if you state your company is part of XXX (on all pages) followed by the VAT reg Number.
How i know this, it is because i am VAT registered and run several online businesses, but the VAT reg number is in the name of my main business and i was told by both my accountant and the HMRC helpline on how to display this for my group businesses. 
the reson for this is that if someone checks a VAT reg number on a site or on stationery in the name of Company B, but the VAT reg belongs to Company A, but you have not made it clear that Company B is part of Company A, and this is reported then the HMRC have a duty to investigate, which take time and money when not necessary.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim)
I have removed a number of posts from this thread.
This is not the place for personal arguments.
Can we keep this thread on topic and let the OP sort out the problems with Plusnet
easyhostmedia

Thanks Oldjim
My problems with Plusnet have been sorted just waiting activation.
you can now close this thread
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jim:post As the problem has now been solved and to prevent further animosity this thread is now locked
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565
Moved:

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Oldjim wrote:
jim:post As the problem has now been solved and to prevent further animosity this thread is now locked

Seems to have become unlocked.  hmmm.gif

Just in time to wish the thread a happy 10th birthday for next week.  beer.gif

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

That is unfortunate, a newbie posting on a 10 year old thread, particularly upsetting as Oldjim, who was a stalwart on this forum passed away some time ago.

@UserX  Why not start your own thread instead of tagging on to a very old one.🙄