cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round of applause

MartyPop
Rising Star

Round of applause

Having just returned to PlusNet after a six months absence, I thought I'd like to share my initial experiences:

- Placed my order online on the 6th April(lunchtime)

- Phone line reconnected on the 7th April(early hours)

- Router arrived on the 11th April(lunchtime)

- Broadband activated on the 14th April(very early hours)

All this happened painlessly and without any hassle whatsoever.

Well done PlusNet Thumbs_Up

7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Round of applause

Glad to hear that went well @MartyPop. Welcome back Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@MartyPop wrote:

Having just returned to PlusNet after a six months absence,

be interesting to know the reasons for leaving plusnet, and the reasons for bailing on the new ISP after just 6 months?

MartyPop
Rising Star

At the time I decided to leave PlusNet, I had two separate broadband connections but due to my financial situation at the time, one of them had to go. As my PlusNet connection was slower than the other one and costing me more, I decided to ditch PlusNet.

As my financial situation has now improved, I haven't actually bailed on the "new" ISP yet Wink

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

is plusnet still slower and more expensive than your other ISP ?
MartyPop
Rising Star

Yes and No Smiley

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Wow, that was quick! I`ve recently joined PlusNet from BT and was activated within the 14 days too, so top marks to the PlusNet team for that. Thumbs_Up I didn`t know what would happen because I read too many negative reviews and it`s fair to say that some people do have terrible waits and failures when switching providers. So it could have swung either way, but if yo have to switch, you have to switch.

I have found my speeds fine too and on a par with what I was getting with BT ADSL around 4.00mbps, so as long as it stays that way, I should be a happy bunny.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@MartyPop & @plusmouse,

For a given internet service speed is very much a function of your individual line than the ISP you choose.  That is not to say that some ISPs do not offer certain speed rated packages on some lines.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.