cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrictions requires lifting. Direct debit has been paid 3 days stillno connec

Juksey
Dabbler

Restrictions requires lifting. Direct debit has been paid 3 days stillno connec

I understand that there are issues regarding Direct debit failure and Re-submitting
on the 18th my wife clicked on the message to pay the bill and took the option for re-submitting the DD.
and correspondingly I received a call from link:csa removed on the 22nd to suggest that I could Pay over the phone,
(Question #63474896)
but after checking advised that I didn't need to do anything as the DD has been re-submitted and should be fine.
She also advised that any problems I should call and and they could clear up any further issues.
On Sunday 30th I found I had No Connection and was prompted to "PAY NO" Clicking on the link advises
"A Direct Debit payment is already being processed for the amount owed on your account. You don't need to make another payment",
I called in and spoke to [removed] (Question #63896780) who advised there was nothing she could do and that I would need to speak to the another department "Credit team" on MONDAY.as they did not work the weekend.
who would either be able to Cancel the DD and allow me to Pay by card or lift the restrictions pending the DD that still showed as "Pending."
She did advise for me to check with the Bank to see of the Payment had cleared my account.
I checked with the Bank on Monday morning to see the transaction listed.
On Monday Morning I spoke to [removed] (Question #63907708), I asked him to put me through to the credit team, He said he WAS the Credit Team - (Strange as this was the same Number  I called the day before.)
He said he Would  not lift the restrictions as the system was automatic and there was the fact that I was Leaving Plus net shortly................and would not be able to assist any further.
. and once they were informed by the bank that the DD had been paid. the restrictions would then be Lifted ...... Eventually..

I have now had no connection for 3 days over the Festive period,
Regards
Ian Jukes.
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) csa removed as per Forum Rules
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Restrictions requires lifting. Direct debit has been paid 3 days stillno connec

Hi there,
Sorry for the disappointment regarding this, however I've checked and can see that according to our systems the direct debit is still pending and it can usually be the case that this will shown as cleared from your account a few days prior to the payment reaching our systems and being reflected on it. Unfortunately though it's not possible to cancel a payment via direct debit that's already been submitted.
The whole process usually takes 7 to 10 working days and as we're all aware the festive things like this tend to mean such things take a little longer. With that in mind though I'd only imagine the payment should clear in the next couple of days time.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Juksey
Dabbler

Re: Restrictions requires lifting. Direct debit has been paid 3 days stillno connec

Adam,
Is there any way I can Pay by Card today to have the restrictions lifted,
I understand this may cause my account to end up in Credit especially when I will be leaving shortly.
but I assume at some point I will be notified of any fee's required to be paid due to leaving plusnet,
so I am not worried if the account is in credit while we settle up.
Regards
Ian
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I don't know where the OP is going, but often people leave, find the grass isn't actually any greener and return for the better service they get from Plusnet.
Given this experience right at the end I don't see that happening here!
It used to be in situations like this that Plusnet would accept proof from the bank (e.g. scan of bank statement) that the money had left the user's account and the restrictions would be lifted.
Refusing to accept an over payment to get the restrictions lifted seems just plain stupid!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Juksey
Dabbler

Thanks for the support Jelv,
I would send them a statement if only I could get Online..
Hopefully this will be sorted out shortly. (its driving my family crazy)
teedoff

Shocked  and I thought it was bad enough getting the hassle from the the magic fairies at PN that send all of the SMS, email, browser blocks etc. when you follow their instructions and let them take the DD again.
I did not realise they gave them scissors to cut you off as well!  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110371.0.html
Absolutely appalling behavior.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Is there any way I can Pay by Card today to have the restrictions lifted,

I can see you've already done that, as that will duplicate the direct debit payment we'll need to refund that for you when it shows as having cleared on our systems, I'll take care of that for you though.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Juksey
Dabbler

Thanks for you assistance Adam,,
I called today the Magic button  appeared on their screens after the second refresh..  so I could pay..
I wouldn't hurry about the refund as on the 10th, It'll probably be require to pay for leaving.
Juksey
Dabbler

Incidentally
I notice that the billing  states 7-9" working days" for resubmittion,, but the policy states 14 actual days before restrictions.
in scotland at this time of year.. 7-9 working days can become 19 actual  days.. (3 weekends plus 4 days holidays = additional 10 days)
teedoff

Not  to mention the fact that it takes 5 days for them to be notified of the failed DD to start with.
Meanwhile they put the whole lot in the hands of the magic fairy system that no  one apparently can control to harass you with every possible media, then cut you off.
And no, I don't believe in fairies either. Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI juksey, the payment has cleared now so let me know if you still want me to process the refund.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team